Kel

So my lenovo y510p detects gtx 1060.. now what?

I got the exp gdc beast 8.5 got all the connections right... laptop boots up... fans turn on the gpu.... device manager detects gtx 1060 with a “ ! “ in a yellow triangle. Now what to do.... i tried to do the bios mod.... but realised that i have 3.07 version. 

Questions-

1 is there any way to get this done without the mod?? 

2 if mod is the only way... kindly help me with step by step instruction in laymans terms... i m not a techy... so i might not understand technical terms.... altho i am interested... but learning yet. Please help. 

"!" means there are some errors.See the error code.

It must be error 43 or 12.

Solve that by refering here

https://egpu .io/egpu-setup-13x/

Yes there is a way you can buy and use *********'s DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 which is 15 us dollars from his official site. You will get the instruction how to install and use it?

Below you can see the guide how NevsMate solved his problem.

Ones you installed the software see the videos on how you can configure from here 

and here

Here is NevsMate guide..

WIP Complete setup guide (1).7z

Edited by Gourav_S
  • Thumbs Up 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SnipeKing17
      The GPU works, The PSU works, The system works. [individually they all do work]

The system works perfectly fine without the WLAN card.

When i put the system to sleep and hotswap the mPCIe riser and WLAN press something on the keyboard.. Restarts.
      Will shutdown in roughly 27 seconds for those 27 seconds it works just fine like how it normally would on external monitor.

When i shut it down and plug the riser and switch it on, same story. 27 seconds.

I don't even see a error. I get to login screen directly. I used DDU already.

I timed it. no matter what i do if i use the eGPU, External monitor it restarts instead of pause-play. I have 27 seconds.

Need help!
    • By brunon80
      Hi everyone, I'm looking for the modified bios Prema of the W3x0ET (GTX 660m + i7 3630m) for months, the performance of the notebook is excellent despite its age, but it has already reached its limit and I know that it can deliver even more if someone being able to help me will be very grateful.
      Thanks!

• By aBug
      Hello Everyone!

I have problem with VBIOS/EEPROM(?) after installing of a GTX1060 N17E-G1-A1 GPU NVIDIA Graphics Chipset (old one has temp. damages). 

I  modified new 416  and old 391 nvmii.inf file and try to install drivers, but every combination gave me no success. There is only yellow triangle in  Windows Device Manager :|
      Is there a way to bring my card to life?

• By Shuren
      Hello Thank You for taking time to read this...i got Clevo w550eu i would love if someone give me unlocked/Modded Bios for it ...thanks again
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T450s.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programmer-CH341A-Series-Burner-Chip-24-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-25-SPI-Flash-AU/153117073868?epid=577511738&hash=item23a67d21cc:g:XKEAAOSw5UdbW-iL

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-tower-CH341A-Programmer-Software/dp/B01FVVHCVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1522179315&sr=8-4&keywords=ch341a&dpID=51BO7eGgO5L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/MAUSAN-Socket-Adapter-150MIL-205MIL/dp/B06ZYSNJF3/ref=pd_sbs_21_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XM79QJWGED6B4K2VEZDJ

How to use it:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.