Help with old Clevo p170hm3

Hi, new in the forum, trying to find some help, someone points me in the right direction.

Long story short: Clevo p170hm3 from 2011, gtx485m card dead, new card from ebay, it doesn't works correctly.

I've read about Clevo brand signature, Prema posts about 3dvision license between hardware from ir emitter, gpu and motherboard, Prema modified bios to get gtx580 working too with 3dvision, svl7 (now retired) vbios, and more, but basically, I'm still confused enough to know what should I do and what are the right steps to get my p170hm3 back to life.

Last card I could buy was a gtx675m, but I couldn't find vbios (original, not-moded from Clevo), the Clevo vbios list "jumps" from gtx670m to gtx680m with no mention to gtx675m , and I read some posts about convert a 675 to a 580 and viceversa, I think it was changing some physical resistances, and some number in vbios, but I'm not modder, no idea really about.

So, What I should do?. Sell 675m and try to get a gtx580m, and use original clevo vbios on it?, it will work, or my computer won't be able to use it?. I bought my computer before gtx580m was released... I would need to update bios to get it working?

Or unlock graphic card restrictions with the latest prema bios mod (if that is possible). There is some chance get 675m working?

Are all mods and files I need in this forum? (ask this because I can't see/access the files, because I'm new in the community)

What options I really have?.

I hope someone can clarify me a little bit this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Reaversword
correct little errors in text

• 5 months later...

Hello I have a P170HM3 and I have a HD7970M instead in it . Have you got the EUROCOM BIOS?

So you have a GTX675M? 

That card if I remember correctly caused me a lot of annoyance due to its compatibly I'm sure I still have it in a laptop with the original vbios 3B iirc.