dekw04

Any Way to Upgrade the Screen on the HP 2570P?

Hi everyone.

I have an HP 2570P with a 1366 x 768 non-IPS display. Does anyone know of any way to upgrade the screen on the HP 2570 to an IPS display, preferably one with a higher resolution than 1366 x 768?

If you do know of a way, would you please tell me what you did to upgrade the screen on the HP 2570P?

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide with this.

Edited by dekw04

Your current panel is a 1-channel LVDS, so in theory you could upgrade to a maximum of 1600x900p (bandwidth restriction). Unfortunately, no such panel has been made, so without a cable swap you're limited to a 768p IPS. IPS or TN doesn't depend on the system, it's a purely internal technology.

Any of these will do and they're somewhat better than your Samsung, but don't expect miracles:

1. LP125WH2-SLT1
  2. LP125WH2-SLT2
  3. LP125WH2-SLT3
  4. LP125WH2-SLB1
  5. LP125WH2-SLB2
  6. LP125WH2-SLB3

Be careful to order only used panels because if you don't you'll probably receive a compatible model and that could be anything, including the same Samsung you have now or one of the TN LP's form the same series.