Sign in to follow this  
loud88gt

Help with 8770w and K4100M

Hello, I'm new here and heard this was the place to go for help.  I've got an HP 8770w that came with the Firepro M4000 originally.  I bought a Nvidia K4100M and the corresponding heat sink as a replacement.  I've installed it but get a black screen at startup.  It almost seems like it tries to start and then the light on my mouse goes out and it tries again.  I was going to delete the old drivers and install the new ones after it started up.  Should I install drivers first or am I missing something else?  I can easily do the disassembly/reassembly stuff but my knowledge is limited when it comes to software.  Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yussuaif
      Would really like some help with this.
      I Have a HP 8770W Elitebook Workstation.
      its powered by an Intel Core i7-3630QM, 32GB RAM and an Nvidia Quadro K4000M.
      the Quadro's stock clock is 600 MHz- Core/ 700 MHz- Memory.
      its currently overclocked 736 MHz (+135 MHz)- Core/ 1050 MHz (+750 MHz)/ 1100 MHz (+800 MHz)- Memory.

The GPU temps stay fairly decent in summer ( between 70-75 Degrees Celsius) while loaded and CPU around 5 degrees higher. In winter the drop to the mid/high 60's so i believe there is still some space there to push it a bit harder.

The problem is nor Nvidia Inspector nor MSI Afterburner  allow me to overclock the core over 135 MHz, the memory i know is maxed out because anything over just bugs out.

Is there anything i can do that would allow me to go over that threshold of 135 MHz.

• By kanenas
      Hi, does anyone have an HP EliteBook with Dreamcolor display and HP DreamColor Calibration Solution B1F63AA?
      If yes, then I would really appreciate if you guide me through the calibration process, cause either I am doing something very stupid or something is really wrong with my software or hardware...
      PS
      I am sorry if my English is not very good, it's not my native language.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.