Help with 8770w and K4100M

loud88gt

Hello, I'm new here and heard this was the place to go for help.  I've got an HP 8770w that came with the Firepro M4000 originally.  I bought a Nvidia K4100M and the corresponding heat sink as a replacement.  I've installed it but get a black screen at startup.  It almost seems like it tries to start and then the light on my mouse goes out and it tries again.  I was going to delete the old drivers and install the new ones after it started up.  Should I install drivers first or am I missing something else?  I can easily do the disassembly/reassembly stuff but my knowledge is limited when it comes to software.  Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated!

• 3 years later...
On 10/13/2018 at 6:03 AM, loud88gt said:

Hello, I'm new here and heard this was the place to go for help.  I've got an HP 8770w that came with the Firepro M4000 originally.  I bought a Nvidia K4100M and the corresponding heat sink as a replacement.  I've installed it but get a black screen at startup.  It almost seems like it tries to start and then the light on my mouse goes out and it tries again.  I was going to delete the old drivers and install the new ones after it started up.  Should I install drivers first or am I missing something else?  I can easily do the disassembly/reassembly stuff but my knowledge is limited when it comes to software.  Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated!

Is there an image on the external screen? What type of screen do you use - DreamColor or regular?

• 1 year later...

First you need to make sure that the computer is properly assembled. You can try the following two methods, 1.HP8770W is shielded I7 core display, you enter the boot bois, activate the I7 core display, enter the system and install the K4000M driver. 2. Connect directly to the external monitor to see if it can be displayed.  I am not good at English, machine translation, opinion for your reference

首先,您需要确保计算机已正确组装。您可以尝试以下两种方法,1.HP8770W为屏蔽I7核心显示器,您进入开机板,激活I7核心显示,进入系统并安装K4000M驱动程序。2. 直接连接到外接显示器,查看是否可以显示。我不擅长英语,机器翻译,意见供您参考

Edited by jsha_zy