How I got my G75VW for free

Bullfrog098

So basically my friend starts texting me one night asking if I wanted a broken laptop. Of course I say yes because I love the challenge of trying to fix broken tech. What he gave me was a G75VW, at first I was like wtf. My friend just handed me a gaming laptop. Not to mention this was in school so imagine having to shove one of those large things in your backpack. So I asked him where he got it and why was he giving it to me. It turns out my friends brother found it while he was dumpster diving and he was just going to take the screen and chuck the rest, but he never got around to it and was trying to throw it away when my friend saw it. So when I got it he told me it crashes when trying to turn on and that he couldn't get it to work. When I got it I had thought it had nothing in it expect the Mobo, it was also missing the back panels and the hard drives. But to my surprise whoever scrapped this thing didn't go under the keyboard because 8gb of ram and the cpu/gpu were still there. So I only had to buy a hard drive, ssd, and a power supply. So about 118$ in total. And most games I play run on it great. Mostly Rainbow Six Siege which runs on medium at 60fps great. And thats how I got a G75VW for almost free :) thanks for reading.

• 3 weeks later...