EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Sign in to follow this  
hapticfish

Asus ROG White Lists

Hi Guys,

Im looking to possibly get a new laptop, but was wondering what laptops you guys would suggest for gaming and that doesn't have hardware whitelisting so I can update my wifi card and other hardware in the future. I heard that Asus doesn't lock down there hardware with a white list. My current laptop, Lenovo Y500 Ideapad, has a white list and im not able to swap out the wifi card because of it. Let me know what you guys think.

8 hours ago, hapticfish said:

Hi Guys,

Im looking to possibly get a new laptop, but was wondering what laptops you guys would suggest for gaming and that doesn't have hardware whitelisting so I can update my wifi card and other hardware in the future. I heard that Asus doesn't lock down there hardware with a white list. My current laptop, Lenovo Y500 Ideapad, has a white list and im not able to swap out the wifi card because of it. Let me know what you guys think.

Whitelist use Dell, HP and Lenovo. All other manufacturers don't use whitelist.

If you like to delete whitelist from your Lenovo Y500, then you can read this thread:  

Awesome thanks man. I just cant get the downloads because I don't have enough post yet. But Thanks for the information on the WhiteLists. I will avoid those brands in the future.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s / T540p.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

How to to it:

• By raqall
      Hi!

I would love to have my BIOS modded to disable the wireless whitelist.
      I tried to do it myself (dump BIOS from chip, disassemble, locate the reference to the error message "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in..." memory address and modify the condition in the binary file so not to "land" in the infinite loop) but I couldn't dig to anything meaningful I could easily change.

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 (TYPE 20BB-S00400)
      BIOS version: 73ET71WW (1.71)
      Original WiFi/BT card: Intel Wireless-N 7260 (7260HMW BN) (vendor: 0x8086, device: 0x08B2, subdevice: 0x4262)
      Target WiFi/BT card: Broadcom BCM94352HMB (I haven't received it yet, waiting for delivery)

Manufacturer BIOS download: bootable ISO, updater for Windows
      My BIOS dump (using CH341A SPI Programmer under Linux): http://www.mediafire.com/file/mn0gfr9ext7yqrn/S440_73ET71WW.bin/file

Thanks!
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo Y50-70, Lenovo Y70-70, Lenovo Z50-70, Lenovo Z70-70, Lenovo G50-70, Lenovo G70-70.
      If someone want upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread. Also, if you have a problem with fan pulsating/clicking on any modified bios then you can post your request in this thread.

The flashing procedure include two steps:
      1.  Flash main system bios.
      2.  Flash EC firmware.
    • By Blake467
      I recently purchased an NVMe ssd to use as a boot drive but I found out that the bios on my Sager NP8651 does not support booting from an NVMe drive. I've seen many mentions of the prema bios that used to be able to unlock this feature but it is no longer available. Does anyone know of any alternate solutions? Any help is much appreciated. 
    • By Dr_Cachetes
      Hello everyone, it is 2020 and i've been looking literally EVERYWHERE for a modded vBios for an Asus G751jy (980m 4gb) to unlock voltage control above 25mV, can someone help me?
      I've seen people have been linking the mod so here's mine, latest 213
      GM204.rom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.