Asus G75VW Graphics Card

I have this computer, and there is only one card you can put in it that's "newer". If you have the GTX 660M, you can get a GTX 670M version made for this computer. Other than that, you cannot put any newer card in the computer (incompatible hardware and chipsets).

Btw, it is possible to install a modded BIOS for this computer to overclock your graphics card. You could get a little extra performance that way.

Edited by BugMeNot
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BugMeNot said:

I have this computer, and there is only one card you can put in it that's "newer". If you have the GTX 660M, you can get a GTX 670M version made for this computer. Other than that, you cannot put any newer card in the computer (incompatible hardware and chipsets).

Btw, it is possible to install a modded BIOS for this computer to overclock your graphics card. You could get a little extra performance that way.

Now I have been looking into maybe getting a GTX 670M but I keep look at the core clock speed and the 670m has a very low one, now which would be better 670m or 660m?

• Bios Modder
19 hours ago, Bullfrog098 said:

Would it be remotely possible to put a newer graphics card in a G75VW?

Hi!

Also, with some bios modifications, you can upgrade to GTX 670MX (from G75VX).

On 9/19/2018 at 7:46 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Also, with some bios modifications, you can upgrade to GTX 670MX (from G75VX).

Just today I was reading about that would you know where to get that bios and on a side note I was reading that some people were getting Gtx 780m in their G75VW with a little case modifications and a modified bios/vbios from Dreamonic, sadly though it seems that Dreamonic has since closed his forum's and has closed all connections to him. A link to where I saw these were here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85626-My-Asus-G75VW-Build-With-Mods-(Pics-Included) I kinda want to try to get a 780M in my g75vw but without a Bios I'm screwed lmao maybe I can contact the person making this build and see if they still have the files. But right now I should try to hunt down those Bios files for a Gtx 670mx upgrade.

Edited by Bullfrog098

• 8 months later...

I've heard of pretty extreme modification needing to be required for getting new graphics cards in due to bios, but its definitely possible and im looking into doing it, ill definitely leave a in depth right-up if so,

• 6 months later...