[MOBILE/DESKTOP] AMD Catalyst 12.2 Final & 12.2 CAP1

svl7

Now including the 7900 and 7700 Series (only for Win7 drivers so far).

The package also comes with some improvements and fixes, check below.

Drivers Release Notes:

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 Windows release includes:

NEW FEATURES

Windows 7 and Windows Vista support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

• Enables support for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit/32-bit.
  • Windows XP support will be made available in AMD Catalyst 12.4.

IMPROVEMENTS

Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications

• Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.
  • Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications.
  • Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications).

AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements

• Custom resolutions – users can now choose from a much larger set of display resolutions for their AMD Eyefinity configurations.
  • Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations (when physically plugging/un-plugging displays) will occur automatically by loading the appropriate profile.
  • HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference.
  • Profile Manager improvements: Users can now create multiple Display profiles, enabling users to seamlessly switch between various AMD Eyefinity and Display Configurations.

RESOLVED ISSUES

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

• Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Tom Clancy HAWX with Crossfire™ and Eyefinity enabled.
  • Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 3 in a Tri-Crossfire setup.
  • Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Dragon Age 2 with Crossfire and Vsync enabled.
  • Skipping the in-game cinematics when running Dragon Age 2 in DirectX 11 mode no longer causes random stuttering.
  • The Battleforge DirectX 10.0 benchmark no longer experiences intermittent crashes when run in Tri-Crossfire mode.
  • Random flickering is no longer observed when playing Battlefield – Bad Company 2 in DirectX 11 mode.
  • Playing back h.264 interlaced BluRay content no longer displays intermittent green flashing.
  • The system no longer experiences random hangs when playing back BluRay 3D content in Duplicate mode.
  • Starcraft II no longer experiences random system crashes when exiting a campaign in certain Crossfire configurations.
  • Batman – Arkam City no longer experiences intermittent system crashes when run in DirectX 11 mode.
  • Changing Crossfire settings no longer causes a random system crash.
  • A system crash is no longer experienced when playing Rage with Crossfire enabled.
  • Crysis Warhead and Battlefield – Bad Company II no longer experience random crashes in certain Crossfire configurations.
  • Playback of BluRay 3D content now correctly uses hardware acceleration.
  • Random texture corruption is no longer displayed when playing Dirt III in DirectX 11 mode and with anisotropic filtering applied.

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

• Windows Aero options are available after installing the driver.
  • Background textures in World of Warcraft Cataclysm no longer experience random flickering in some Crossfire and Eyefinity configurations.

KNOWN ISSUES

Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

• Alan Wake - Enabling CrossfireX can cause corruptions or hangs. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
  • Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
  • Vsync may be disabled after task switching when playing Rage.
  • A black screen may be displayed when running Civilization V in certain Eyefinity configurations.
  • Playing Far Cry 2 at high in game settings may generate a system hang.
  • Poor performance may be experience when playing Dirt 3 in DirectX 11 mode at low resolutions with Crossfire enabled.

Known issues under the Windows XP operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows XP operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

• The system may hand when playing Dirt 3 at maximum in-game settings.

AMD Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) - 12.2 CAP1

Description:

Description:This release of AMD Catalyst™ delivers support for the latest AMD CrossFireX™ profiles. A separate executable file ensures users have access to the latest set of profiles installed on their PC.

New profiles added to this release:

- Mass Effect 3: Improves CrossFire performance

- Path of Exile – Improves CrossFire performance

- Darkness 2 – Resolves flickering issues on single GPU configurations when Anti-Aliasing is forced on in the Catalyst Control Center

- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Resolves character texture corruption seen using single GPU configurations when Anti-Aliasing is forced on in the Catalyst Control Center

- Wargame: European Escalation(DirectX 9 version): Improves CrossFire performance

- Wargame: European Escalation(DirectX 11 version): Resolves flickering observed when running in CrossFire mode

- Mount Blade: Disables CrossFire to avoid corruption as the title has a capped Frame Rate

- L.A. Noire (DirectX 11 Version): Improves CrossFire performance, and resolves flickering seen in shadows

Download links can be found here:

AMD Catalyst 12.2 Final & 12.2 CAP1

(Let me know if you have direct links and I'll include them)

• Thumbs Up 4

Sometimes we can't update the laptops drivers 'cause the OEM shit, so I put here another direct download link

AMD Catalyst 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (64-bit)

AMD Catalyst 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (32-bit)

AMD Catalyst Mobility 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (64-bit)

AMD Catalyst Mobility 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (32-bit)

Courtesy of Guru3D.com

I must say that I tested the mobility driver with windows 7 x64, the driver has some bugs. The driver still has failures with videos (movies,youtube..so on) WTF? again? one of the last versions also had failures playing movies, like a fucking green screen...anyway...play with this for a while and let me (us) know what happens ;)

Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes we can't update the laptops drivers 'cause the OEM shit, so I put here another direct download link

AMD Catalyst 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (64-bit)

AMD Catalyst 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (32-bit)

AMD Catalyst Mobility 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (64-bit)

AMD Catalyst Mobility 12.2 Win 7 | Vista (32-bit)

Courtesy of Guru3D.com

I must say that I tested the mobility driver with windows 7 x64, the driver has some bugs. The driver still has failures with videos (movies,youtube..so on) WTF? again? one of the last versions also had failures playing movies, like a fucking green screen...anyway...play with this for a while and let me (us) know what happens ;)

Cheers!

its that and its combined with crap code of Flash and Java and other numerous plugins to play videos... :( had older gpus on notebooks that only solution is to disable flash hardware accelerations as it caused similar errors even bsod and very well could be a combo of driver issue and flash coding issues and beyond :) ce la vie guess us notebook users get the raw deal everytime.

edit: to be fair i have had very good support and no issues when i was using 12.1 :) so most of the time AMD is still right on the ball...

Edited by mw86

Thanks for the links. Had the green screen issue on youtube once in a while, annoying, but if you just use the slider to forward or go back a couple of seconds the picture shows up.

I found another one, 4 those of you who wanna keep the performance benefits of the latest 8.950.0 WHQL drivers but ditch the crashing CCC... this is only the drivers repackaged.

Win 7 x64

Win 7 x86

Mobility Win 7 x64

Mobility Win 7 x86

Courtesy of mstcobra (some guy)

you da Man! :) Thanks for looking out for everyone Nando

• Thumbs Up 1