New laptop incoming xD

Just ordered this for university, the M18X and brick are WAY too heavy to carry on the train every day, this should be much better. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Lenovo X220

x220_hero.jpg

Intel Core i5-2520M Processor (2.50GHz, 3M Cache with Turbo Boost up to 3.20GHz)

12.5" Premium HD (1366x768) LED Backlit Display, IPS, Mobile Broadband Ready, 3x3 Antenna, No Camera

Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor graphics with dynamic frequency

2 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 (1 DIMM) (I will upgrade to 4gb with the kit I took out of the alienware)

Intel 160GB Solid State Drive, Serial ATA (Only takes 7mm hdds, they had a special on this and I CBF doing it myself)

9 Cell Li-Ion Battery + 6 cell "Slice" Battery (20hrs battery life using both!)

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

Integrated Mobile Broadband (Ericsson F5521gw) with 21Mbps D/L

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a general IT degree, figured I may as well learn something formally. :D

Started 3 weeks ago.

Edited by Jimbo
To make myself sound better.

Grats Jimbo!

If you'll have time, I'm sure people would like to hear your thoughts on the laptop. The build quality of previous models (X200/X201) was really good. BTW, you do know it takes 1 screw to take out the hard drive right? ;) I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to swap RAM as well (it should take literally 1-2 min).

• Thumbs Up 1

Great Jimbo good luck with the schooling. Congrats on the new purchase my friend :) looks like a nice purchase as Unreal mentioned Lenovo build quality is awesome.

That's a really nice system, had some hands-on time with it recently. Looks and feels great, good build quality and very decent screen. Have fun with it and let us know what you think of it once you get it.

• Founder

Nice, buddy of mine has a Lenovo too. Pretty good notebook for studying and the screen is decent too. Build quality was better than I expected for the price.

Thanks guys.

I'm keeping the M18X for LAN nights, or if I'm staying in the city for a few days I'll take it with me and use it as a semi-mobile DTR. I still love it, just can't carry it as much as I need to for uni (without hurting myself in the long run).

I do the same with M17x. Every time I bring it to university, everyone keeps staring at it. :D ("Look at the size of that thing!")

Nice reminds me of Brian mentioning all the nurses starting conversations about this giant Metallic laptop his Alienware :P Accept it Unreal ;) you just like them staring at it in awww. Locked away since the dawn of mankind Alienware laptop found at the true area-51 the site of an Ancient Alien civilization... now mankind finally beholds the power, breathtaking :dribble:, awww inspiring :69:, magnificence :83:of Sexy :Banane46::Banane20::40_002::hititbanana: Alienware Computers :) ..........or we are all total Nerds

...probably the second :P

*we have some funny :bananalama: emoticons :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Congrats Jimbo.. I hope all goes well with school! Hope you do better than myself. I got bored after 4 years and just stopped going...

4yrs! It's only a two year course at this stage.

I had my first run at uni 10 years ago, basically signed up and went to about three classes, surprisingly enough that didn't go well. :D

Congrats Jimbo.. I hope all goes well with school! Hope you do better than myself. I got bored after 4 years and just stopped going...

Better than not even going at all :|