3D Vision on gt555m

Hi everyone

So, I went to type in "3d" in my search bar in the start menu to find 3dmark, and I noticed there was a program called Enable (and Disable) 3D vision... I open it and it takes me to some nvidia set up. Has anyone gotten it to work?

Also not sure if gt555m is effected but 580m's were found to once enabling 3d on an external display that a strange message of "this is prototype hardware" or something like that would show on screen and subsequently show from that point on all the time so atleast on 580m's seems to be a broken function right now... And it may be linked only to M18x im not sure. But perhaps check up on that issue before enabling and using the 3d... Once the affected users enabled it there had not been a way found to fix it and i do belive a replacement gpu set had to be issued.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I tested nVidia 3D vision (with the old IR Receiver and a 3D Ready Acer projector) on the m14x. Had to update the nvidia drivers to the latest beta ones to make it detect the IR receiver correctly. After the driver update, working smooth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi everyone

So, I went to type in "3d" in my search bar in the start menu to find 3dmark, and I noticed there was a program called Enable (and Disable) 3D vision... I open it and it takes me to some nvidia set up. Has anyone gotten it to work?

3D vision only works with 3D tv connected via HDMI. factory monitors usually support refresh rates of 40hz and 60hz, for 3D you need 120hz, Once connected to your 120hz 3D monitor it will work perfectly, on my gt555m it runs Crysis 2 on highest settings, overclocking to Core 754, Shader 1504, Memory 1080.

• 3 weeks later...