Do you plan to purchase an NVIDIA Turing GPU (RTX 2070/2080/2080 Ti)?

Brian

NVIDIA Turing RTX GPU  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to purchase an NVIDIA Turing GPU (RTX 2070/2080/2080 Ti)?

• Yes I plan to purchase one of the new RTX GPUs or have already put in a pre-order for one.
    • I'm waiting on reviews/benchmark analysis before I make a decision.
    • I'm going to hold on to my current graphics card and wait on the 7nm cards to be released.
    • I don't plan to upgrade my GPU anytime soon.
    • I would upgrade but the price is too expensive so I can't afford it.
    • I want to see what AMD releases with their 7nm Navi.

• Founder

So with the new Turing GPUs having been announced and up for purchase, do you plan to upgrade to one given the price increase of each segment? How important are the new ray tracing and dlss functions in making a purchasing decision for you? 

• 1 month later...

I'm building a new PC so I need to get something, unfortunately.

This was an obvious strategy by nVidia to try to sell off their glut of 10 series cards by pricing RTX like they did.  1080ti prices have actually been going up, since those are in higher demand now.  I'll probably end up getting an RTX 2080 because at this point it's only marginally more expensive than a decent 1080ti.

Oh, and this whole "founders prices" stuff needs to stop.  We will never see RTX cards sell for the prices nVidia stated in their press conference ($699/$999).  All the partner cards are releasing at the founders prices, and there's no reason for nVidia to drop prices with no meaningful competition in the market from AMD or anyone else.  AMD doesn't have anything to compete with either RTX card or the 1080ti for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been using AMD for a while now got twin MSI Gaming x RX480 Radeons with a heavy overclock on a custom water cooling loop been loving the cards they are great not only for the pocket but if you have time up your sleeve you can fine tune and hit a really nice sweet spot.. Back on topic i don't feel it's necessary to spend over a grand on a GPU i would wait and see what AMD come out with at least you get some really decent performance and not gonna hurt you'r pockets.

• 1 month later...

I'm sitting running my Gigabyte HD7970, which is still chugging along in most games I play.

Unless I see an actual need to upgrade(or my computer blows up) then I'll be sticking around with my 2012 build for a couple more years.

• Brian locked this topic