Some guide how to use SPI Programmer CH341a

Klem

• Bios Modder

Some guide how to use SPI Programmer CH341a:

Step 1.
If you already get your modified bios then go to Step 2.
Step 2.
Purchase the necessary equipment.
To flash bios mod in to your bios chip you need a CH341A programmer and a SOIC8 SOP8 test clip. (You can found them on ebay, it cost a total of $20 USD for both items.)

[Image: u9DNkN8.png]

Step 3.
The drivers and software for the hardware you can purchased were located on the seller's ad page on ebay.) This step should usually be completed BEFORE plugging the programmer to your computer. Installing them before plugging the programmer into your computer will help avoid potential driver trouble with Windows. (If you have some trouble with drivers installing, then just disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" as the drivers were not digitally signed). After installation, reboot your computer.

Step 4.
Connect the clip to the programmer and then plug in the programmer into your computer. Run the included software.

Step 5.
Now you should try to search the bios chip on your motherboard. 
Usually you need 8-pin chip with first two digits 25, like this:  Winbond 25Q32FVSVQ, 25Q32FV, 25Q64FV, 25L3273E, MX25L6473E or the same.
[Image: 7xUoFgn.jpg]
[Image: jrN6biG.jpg]

Step 6.
This step will be based entirely on the software that came with your programmer.
Enter in the exact chip information or, if the software you're using has an auto-detect option, you can use this, but I would recommend double checking.

[Image: wyYa4Uw.png]

[Image: ZaYE5sT.png]

Step 7.
Read the chip.
Read the current programming on the chip and then read chip again. Then make some comparisons between them with any Hex editor. Make sure that it looks exactly the same. Remember, they should be the exactly identical, so they should still look exactly identical.

[Image: DuVymbf.png]

Step 8.
Load the modified bios file and write it to the chip.
After loading the modified file, the tools use only required click an "Auto" button. This then took around a minute or two to write everything to the bios chip. If the program freezes, or appears to be doing nothing, don't touch anything for the next 10 minutes as you don't want to mess anything up if it is doing something.

[Image: Jcf1ssJ.png]

[Image: WgGQlTc.png]

[Image: iAWwk9m.png]

Step 9.
Done. Remove the clips and see if your laptop boots.

Another guide:

1. Open your laptop and find your bios chip and search for it.  Usually you need 8-pin chip with first two digits 25, like this:  Winbond 25Q32FVSVQ, 25Q32FV, 25Q64FV, 25L3273E, MX25L6473E or the same
  2. Connect the ch341a and clip to your windows machine and laptop
  3. Open ch341a programmer 1.13/ CH341A.exe click “chip search” if it find your chip then next step, else rechip the chip/
  4. Open ch341a programmer  1.26/ CH341AFree.exe choose your bios type/size.
  5. Click Read
  6. After done click Save (original_1.bin)
  7. Repeat step5 and save as original_2.bin
  8. Open HxD “Crtl+k” compare original_1.bin and original_2.bin if they are same go to next step otherwise repeat 5)
  9. Then post it in the relevant topic or upload it to any fileserver and post the link in the relevant topic.
  10. When you get your modified bios, then time to write bios to the chip
  11. Open ch341a programmer  1.26/ CH341AFree.exe choose your bios type/size
  12. Click Erase it will erase your chip . You must do it before flash
  13. After bios chip will be erased , then click Open, choice your modified bios
  14. Click Write and wait 100%
  15. Now the mod is done, remove the clip and power on the laptop, it will beep 5 x2 time , it will gone once you go to bios setting and restart.

Another guide:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.

CH341A programmer:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=USB+Programmer+Ch341&_sacat=0

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ch341a&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/programming-EEPROM-Programmer-EZP2010-RT809H/dp/B075CGH1X1/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=SOIC8+clip&qid=1631766855&s=electronics&sr=1-18

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

Hi Klem,

Greetings from Brazil!  I have a question about the CH341A Programmer software, if you can please answer me.  I'm really confused... I installed version 1.34 on my laptop, and when I run it, there's already a chip selected in the list to the left.

Does it mean it detected the BIOS chip installed on my laptop where the CH341A software is running?  Or is it just automatically selecting a random default chip?

I don't have a CH431A hardware, just the Programmer to open a bioss.fd file and save it as bioss.bin so I can replace the BIOS splash screen logo with H2OEZE-W.  Thanks a lot for your time and help! I really appreciate it.  Take care.

Best regards,

JC.

01.PNG

Edited by jcrcarmo
Make it better

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, jcrcarmo said:

Does it mean it detected the BIOS chip installed on my laptop where the CH341A software is running?

No. It's will possible only when hardware SPI-Programmer will connect to bios chip.

7 hours ago, jcrcarmo said:

Or is it just automatically selecting a random default chip?

Yes.

• 7 months later...

Thanks a lot for the guide! If bios flashing goes wrong, is this the only way to recover, or are there easier (software only) methods? Specifically Y50-70 in my case.
For instance I found this guide, but I don't know, if it works? I actually tried it, just re-flashing my current bios image, but it didn't seem like it was reading from USB at all, though it DID halt the boot process as if it was waiting for something to happen.

https://techzei.com/how-to-fix-lenovo-bios-failure-phoenix-bios/

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, biowaste said:

Thanks a lot for the guide! If bios flashing goes wrong, is this the only way to recover, or are there easier (software only) methods? Specifically Y50-70 in my case.
For instance I found this guide, but I don't know, if it works? I actually tried it, just re-flashing my current bios image, but it didn't seem like it was reading from USB at all, though it DID halt the boot process as if it was waiting for something to happen.

https://techzei.com/how-to-fix-lenovo-bios-failure-phoenix-bios/

Hi!

Try to read this thread:  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...