Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Klem

Lenovo ThinkPad t440p unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p.

If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.

Important!

For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

 

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

 

 

CH341A.jpg

T440p.jpg

Edited by Klem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Klem!

I recently acquired a Lenovo T440P, and would appreciate if you could help me get the WLAN whitelist removed, as well as the Advanced Menu unlocked.

I used a SPI programmer CH341A to dump my BIOS from W25Q32FV chip.

The dump i sent you via PM.

Thanks, and I appreciate any help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MilkyWay said:

Hello Klem!

I recently acquired a Lenovo T440P, and would appreciate if you could help me get the WLAN whitelist removed, as well as the Advanced Menu unlocked.

I used a SPI programmer CH341A to dump my BIOS from W25Q32FV chip.

The dump i sent you via PM.

Thanks, and I appreciate any help! 

Hi!

Ok. Your bios mod done. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Klem!

I used my ch341a_spi to dump my bios from my W25Q32.V chip in my T440p. I just sent you the BIOS dump via pm. Would you be able to modify it to get both the unlocked BIOS menu added and the WLAN whiteless removed?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tuxiee said:

Hi, Klem!

I used my ch341a_spi to dump my bios from my W25Q32.V chip in my T440p. I just sent you the BIOS dump via pm. Would you be able to modify it to get both the unlocked BIOS menu added and the WLAN whiteless removed?

Thank you!

Hi!

Ok. Your bios mod done. Check PM.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I have Lenovo T440P, It has been locked with Supervisor password on BIOS chip winbond 25Q32FVSIQ (1414). Is there a way to remove the password, so that i can enable Wireless LAN in BIOS setup.

 

Thanks,

Karthik sha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, karthik sha said:

Hi,

 

I have Lenovo T440P, It has been locked with Supervisor password on BIOS chip winbond 25Q32FVSIQ (1414). Is there a way to remove the password, so that i can enable Wireless LAN in BIOS setup.

 

Thanks,

Karthik sha

Hi!

No, unfortunately unlocked bios can't help you with Supervisor password.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've got the SPI programmer and tried to dump the bios, but the clip was constantly 'sliding' off of the chip.. I'd assume there's enough space to get a grip without removing the whole base cover, but right now I am not sure if the issue is with my fatty fingers or do I really need to disassemble it to get the clear access to the mobo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cuapy said:

Hi, I've got the SPI programmer and tried to dump the bios, but the clip was constantly 'sliding' off of the chip.. I'd assume there's enough space to get a grip without removing the whole base cover, but right now I am not sure if the issue is with my fatty fingers or do I really need to disassemble it to get the clear access to the mobo? 

Hi!

Unfortunately, I can't remotely help you connect the SOIC8 clip to the BIOS chip. If you can't connect, and you see that something prevents you connect, you can try to disassemble the laptop.

Edited by Klem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was rather thinking that someone who dumped it would chime in and tell whether they had to remove the bottom base or not :) Thanks, will tear it apart tonight and will get back to you when I have the dump. Thanks! 

 

OK I was able to dump the bios, send you a PM. 

Edited by cuapy
bios dumped successfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have a dump of the bios (ver 2.51) is it possible to modify it to remove the whitelist and get the advanced menu? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TuxMux said:

Hi I have a dump of the bios (ver 2.51) is it possible to modify it to remove the whitelist and get the advanced menu? 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, bios mod works like a charm! Highly recommended! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys & modder,

 

I am about to buy SPI programmer and test clip to flash my bios. I am doing this to enable my laptop to install egpu.

My lenovo t440p is the one with core i5-4200u.

 

Just checking if the thread is still active (if there is any reply after my post :p)

 

I'll attach the dump later.

 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villium said:

Hi guys & modder,

 

I am about to buy SPI programmer and test clip to flash my bios. I am doing this to enable my laptop to install egpu.

My lenovo t440p is the one with core i5-4200u.

 

Just checking if the thread is still active (if there is any reply after my post :p)

 

I'll attach the dump later.

 

Thanks!!

Hi!

Yes of course this thread is still active. When you create your dump, you can post it here with your request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes of course this thread is still active. When you create your dump, you can post it here with your request.

Thanks man, I am waiting for the programmer and clip to be shipped :D

Fortunately I found local seller in my area. I'll post it as soon as I can make dump of the bios!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By MessiWessi
      Hi,
       
      I read a lot of different threads about the maximum possible M17X R2 configuration. But after I was more and more irritated.
       
      What is at the end the best performant GPU solution (with unlocked bios and dirver mod) but WITHOUT manual fan control and such things. Because if I want to sell one day my M17X R2 I don't want to explain and force the buyer to control the GPU fan per hand.  
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad X240.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating your personal bios dump and to flash your bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!
       
      Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.
       
       

      CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programmer-CH341A-Series-Burner-Chip-24-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-25-SPI-Flash-AU/153117073868?epid=577511738&hash=item23a67d21cc:g:XKEAAOSw5UdbW-iL
       
      https://www.amazon.com/Parts-tower-CH341A-Programmer-Software/dp/B01FVVHCVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1522179315&sr=8-4&keywords=ch341a&dpID=51BO7eGgO5L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
       
      SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt
       
      https://www.amazon.ca/MAUSAN-Socket-Adapter-150MIL-205MIL/dp/B06ZYSNJF3/ref=pd_sbs_21_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XM79QJWGED6B4K2VEZDJ
       
      How to use it:
       
      Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.