Jump to content
Klem

Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Recommended Posts

Hi, Please could you remove the bios whitelist and access the hidden bios settings (t440)

 

Bios dump here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GLoE7eImSLXysgw5U9U3rbzMbKCxU5ma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem,

 

would you please be so kind to remove the bios whitelist and access the hidden bios settings? It's a T440p.

Thanks in advance!

 

Bios dump: https://dropmefiles.com/D2FLs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, gnork said:

Hi Klem,

 

would you please be so kind to remove the bios whitelist and access the hidden bios settings? It's a T440p.

Thanks in advance!

 

Bios dump: https://dropmefiles.com/D2FLs

 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Klem!

 

I recently get a Lenovo T440p, and would appreciate if you could help me get the WLAN whitelist removed, as well as the Advanced Menu unlocked.

I used a SPI programmer CH341A to dump my BIOS from W25Q32FV chip.

 

Here is the dump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XU1AxhaO-c3QaLf3WspEwuxJouKA3kfU

 

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Epuizman said:

Hello Klem!

 

I recently get a Lenovo T440p, and would appreciate if you could help me get the WLAN whitelist removed, as well as the Advanced Menu unlocked.

I used a SPI programmer CH341A to dump my BIOS from W25Q32FV chip.

 

Here is the dump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XU1AxhaO-c3QaLf3WspEwuxJouKA3kfU

 

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help! 

 

 

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem,

 

First off, thanks for your hard work and doing this for all of us.

Second, could you mod my BIOS to remove the whitelist and unlock advanced features? It's for t440p, I hope I dumped it properly (checked trice :D)

Thank you in advance :encouragement:

 

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mprtxc9gccpsst/bios1.img?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tzagor said:

Hi Klem,

 

First off, thanks for your hard work and doing this for all of us.

Second, could you mod my BIOS to remove the whitelist and unlock advanced features? It's for t440p, I hope I dumped it properly (checked trice :D)

Thank you in advance :encouragement:

 

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mprtxc9gccpsst/bios1.img?dl=0

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem, I sent you a pm with my bios image.

 

I have a thinkpad t440p on 2.53 and a whitelist removal for that would be great.

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LittleStinky123 said:

Hi Klem, I sent you a pm with my bios image.

 

I have a thinkpad t440p on 2.53 and a whitelist removal for that would be great.

 

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Klem! Can you please unlock my bios? This is from a T440P, bios v2.52:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1THUIHlFGrj6pfkpoIJQWQNXO3bKLmvmJ

 

I read that the modifications you make enable hidden settings and remove the wifi whitelist, however, I have two questions:

 

1) Does this remove ME (Intel Management Engine) too?

2) I have one 9-cell battery that suddenly got a strange error:

"The battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge. Please replace the battery with the correct Lenovo battery for this system. Press the ESC key to continue." 

My other 9-cell battery, not branded Lenovo, works perfectly fine. It looks like the T440p still has some sort of battery whitelist. Can it be removed too using this method?

 

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Thank you very much!

Edited by merlin002
added Klem's name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, merlin002 said:

Hi Klem! Can you please unlock my bios? This is from a T440P, bios v2.52:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1THUIHlFGrj6pfkpoIJQWQNXO3bKLmvmJ

 

I read that the modifications you make enable hidden settings and remove the wifi whitelist, however, I have two questions:

 

1) Does this remove ME (Intel Management Engine) too?

2) I have one 9-cell battery that suddenly got a strange error:


"The battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge. Please replace the battery with the correct Lenovo battery for this system. Press the ESC key to continue." 

My other 9-cell battery, not branded Lenovo, works perfectly fine. It looks like the T440p still has some sort of battery whitelist. Can it be removed too using this method?

 

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Thank you very much!

HI! 

Unfortunately unlocked bios can't help you with your problem. Battery whitelist placed in EC firmware (not in BIOS). But I don't work with EC firmware. Sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Klem said:

HI! 

Unfortunately unlocked bios can't help you with your problem. Battery whitelist placed in EC firmware (not in BIOS). But I don't work with EC firmware. Sorry. 

Oh ok, I see. Can I request to have the bios unlocked (wifi whitelist, extra menus) please?

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1THUIHlFGrj6pfkpoIJQWQNXO3bKLmvmJ

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Could you please unlock the whitelist and advanced settings ?

Thank you for your help.

 

https://mega.nz/#!SFsjWY5Q!psj-CAktTW5VNUIuYTkOw_BUUZIuw7E8Jhiswk-KNqQ

T440p - bios 2.53

Best regards

 

Edited by Kajanos87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kajanos87 said:

Hello, Could you please unlock the whitelist and advanced settings ?

Thank you for your help.

 


https://mega.nz/#!SFsjWY5Q!psj-CAktTW5VNUIuYTkOw_BUUZIuw7E8Jhiswk-KNqQ

T440p - bios 2.53

Best regards

 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klem. Can you help me with whitelist removal and advanced bios settings on my t440p? I've uploaded the file to this link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k8MyhGOhCRE4E-8Vj02BjI-CIZFjt4GU/view?usp=sharing Thank you so much. Dean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Diky
      help me to unlock amd-v acer aspire one 725
      it's my vars file
      please..
      vars.rar
    • By Awesome14
      I found this: https://photonicsguy.ca/projects/t530
       
      It's a nice how to on altering the whitelist on the W530/T530 laptop.
    • By 9vul14
      Hey allI, I need help  with modding my BIOS. I was wondering if anyone could help me mod my BIOS to unlock the 'Advanced' tab which I don't have on my InsydeH20 F.52 Rev 5.0 Bios? Thanks so much and I look forward to your response! Laptop: HP Pavilion x360  ba109tx
       
      Specs: 
      i7-8550U
      Nvidia Geforce 940MX
      Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
      12GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM RAM
      128GB SSD, 1TB HDD
       
      Laptop Product Page: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05650773
      Vanilla BIOS: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-ba100-x360-convertible-pc/16851098/model/18161600
    • By Kunal Shrivastava
      Hi guys, I am the proud owner of a Clevo p775dm3-g notebook purchased from azom.systems (authorized Clevo reseller in India, Model rebranded as Azom Legion-17.3 inches). Here are my specs:

      Core i7 7700 (non-K version): undervolted by 110 mv and turbo boost disabled in BIOS- machine uses prema mod BIOS.
      GTX 1080: undervolted by 100 mv on all frequency steps using MSI afterburner voltage/frequency curve editor. clocks are untouched.
      16 GB DDR4: Cant remember clocks.
      1440p 120 Hz screen: No tinkering done to refresh rate.

      CPU has been delidded and repaste has been done on both CPU/GPU dies with gallium based TIM-Coolaboratory liquid ultra if I recall correctly.

      My issue is GPU hitting max temp limit of 90 degrees while playing DOOM and framerate drops from 110 avg to mid 60s-70s with horrible stuttering- this is thermal throttling for sure.

      System was running beautifully after repaste at 86 degrees max/ 77 degrees average at 100 percent fan speed. A month later I decided to see how much further I could push the system and ended up undervolting the CPU/GPU and RAM even further. The RAM undervolting part didnt work as well as I'd hoped, and I ended up resetting the BIOS to undo everything and reapply the previous setting (-110 for CPU with turbo boost disabled.) 

      I noticed that immediately after BIOS reset, both my CPU and GPU temps were 5-10 degrees higher even with the undervolt/underclock applied. Also, I think the fans were a bit louder before I reset the BIOS which leads me to believe that for some reason the fans are now capped at 80% max fan speed. There doesnt seem to be a fan speed selector in the BIOS or anywhere else so I cant say for sure whether this is a fan related issue or something else.Before the reset I could override the BIOS setting and set the fans to 100% by pressing fn+1, could I have done something to that setting after resetting the BIOS ? I dont think I have damaged the CPU or GPU as temps are holding fairly steady at 90-91 degrees and laptop doesn't shut down while gaming.

      If I have overlooked something or if anyone reading this has any solution help would be greatly appreciated.
      All settings/drivers/windows version/app version are exactly the same before and after BIOS reset.
    • By BAKED
      BAKED BIOS FOR TM, KM, DM, P6, P4 SERIES with most menus and options unlocked.
       
      THESE BIOS MODS ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!
       
       
       
      NEW:
      I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH SOME STUFF PLUS MY SYSTEM HASN'T BEEN WORKING FOR SOME TIME BUT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONTINUE MY WORK SOON 
       
      I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON V3.0 WHICH WILL INCLUDE UPDATED UEFI DRIVERS, MICROCODE BIOS SCREEN SHOT SUPPORT AMISCE SUPPORT(For some models) PLUS MORE. 
      I'M ALSO WORKING ON MODS FOR OTHER MODELS TOO.
      ALL TM, KM AND DM SERIES ARE V2.0 AND NOW HAVE WINDOWS FLASHER INSTEAD, JUST EXTRACT AND RUN FLASH.BAT
       
      WARNING! BIOS FLASHING IS RISKY SO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BEFORE PROCEEDING. 
      FLASHING THE WRONG BIOS OR INTERRUPTING THE FLASHING PROCESS WILL BRICK YOUR SYSTEM! 
      USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
       
      TM, KM AND DM SERIES
       
      P6 AND P4 SERIES
       
      INSTRUCTIONS
        IF YOU LIKE MY WORK FEEL FRE TO BUY ME A COFFEE   ENJOY!
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.