Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

Hey thanks again bios is working! 

Question... Do you know if the Haswell CPU Microcode bug hack is doable on the T440P? Unlocked multiplier so you can OC with throttle stop?

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, ftgf said:

Do you know if the Haswell CPU Microcode bug hack is doable on the T440P?

No, I don't know about it.

Hi @Klem

I want to install hackintosh in my t440p, so can you please remove the WiFi Whitelist and Unlock the Advanced Menu. I used a SPI programmer CH341a to dump my bios W25Q32V chip and I have a power management problem when the laptop is on it wont charge but when its off the battery will charge.

Thanks

Dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IAs0CijWz3MqJsFGhtwCrNRkeNAifzVq/view

Edited by loys
link is not share

• Bios Modder
14 hours ago, loys said:

and I have a power management problem when the laptop is on it wont charge but when its off the battery will charge.

Hi!

I think it's a hardware problem, unfortunately unlocked bios can't help you in this case.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
39 minutes ago, Zapf said:

Hi! I have a t440p bios i just dumped. Could you please remove the whitelist, as well as possibly adding the advanced bios menu? Here is a sendspace link for the dump (made sure to dump and cmp a few times)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3i2r2q

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, metl_play said:

Hey,

I want to mod my BIOS but can´t dump it right now.

Mods: set in bios iGPU VRAM up to 2048mb, remove whitelist, unlock BIOS

Can you please say how u mod it.

I have an T440p

Hi!

For unlock your bios, I need your file bios dump, from your laptop. Just read first page of this thread, how to create your bios dump.

Hi Klem, I have a T440p that I need to whitelist the BIOS for install of a new Wi-Fi card. I have watched your videos and I purchased the required 341 SP programmer and clip etc. And I downloaded the software from the link in your video, but the version is old  at 1.18 and it does not allow me to chose my BIOS chip / winbond Q25QFV.., so it does not detect it. Is there a new version that you can share please? Also PM me the service fees. Thanks and keep doing good work.

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, dpsguard said:

Hi Klem, I have a T440p that I need to whitelist the BIOS for install of a new Wi-Fi card. I have watched your videos and I purchased the required 341 SP programmer and clip etc. And I downloaded the software from the link in your video, but the version is old  at 1.18 and it does not allow me to chose my BIOS chip / winbond Q25QFV.., so it does not detect it. Is there a new version that you can share please? Also PM me the service fees. Thanks and keep doing good work.

Hi! 

I recommend you to use software named AsProgrammer 1.4.1

You can download it from this link: 

https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash/releases/

Thanks Klem for your advice. I will download and try with this tonight and then get back to you with the dump of bios. Will you please recommend a tutorial for As programmer, using CH341A to write the modded BIOS back in for the Winbond BIoS chips in the lenovo? Want to make sure that I don't damage the chip as this is the only laptop I have that I need for my work.

Edited by dpsguard

Hi Klem, 

Here is the link to my T440p Bios. I read the file twice and then compared to make sure they are both exact same (used windiff if someone else reads it and need to know a utility that can do this). Could not believe that a BIOS chip could hold 4MB of data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NUn1g0jmVVGguAitI45H_cEUaEbDR2rv/view?usp=sharing

I was able to use CH341a to read the file. Send me message when you have processed it and also advise the correct procedure to write it back.  Thanks so much and keep doing good work. 

Edited by dpsguard

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, dpsguard said:

Hi Klem, 

Here is the link to my T440p Bios. I read the file twice and then compared to make sure they are both exact same (used windiff if someone else reads it and need to know a utility that can do this). Could not believe that a BIOS chip could hold 4MB of data.

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 2 weeks later...