Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Meik said:

but my Lenovo Thinkpad L560 say me on start that this card is unauthorized plugged in card...

Hi!

This thread is for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s  only.

Hi Klem,

I found this wonderful thread and had to register to ask you :).

1.) I bought a T440p replacement board which shuts down every 30 Min even if it stays in BIOS (yes, excactly 30 Mins). On a site I do not remember well, I found it has something to do with BIOS, but I never hunt for it and just claimed it as defective. Is it really the Bios and can you fix this? :)

2.) The 2nd replacement board came with integrated Win7x32 license. Can you migrate the "old license", serial etc. to the "new BIOS"? Or can I just write the old Bios to the new board? (maybe this is to easy :)).

Thanks in advance !

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, sanob440 said:

Hi, I'd like to have the Wifi cards whitelist removed and also unlock the hidden settings so I can get my external GPU to work. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bIBJ1E3B3xfAPR2x_pPH0sBOrzERYfer/view?usp=sharing

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

I'm helping a friend of mine with his T440s, and we've just ordered the CH341 programmer.  Klem, is the modified BIOS that you're kind enough to provide to others unique or specific to the BIOS dumps that they're providing you with? Or is it more of a universal modification that I can use the same file from you to flash onto another t440s that I may decide to purchase in a few months.

I've been using modified middleton BIOS on Lenovo R61, X61, X61, T61, T61p, and then a modified BIOS+WL removed for the last two T420 that I've used. Interesting to see that Lenovo has made it more difficult for us.

Also, what additional options does this 'advanced menu' provide?

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Bense said:

I'm helping a friend of mine with his T440s, and we've just ordered the CH341 programmer.  Klem, is the modified BIOS that you're kind enough to provide to others unique or specific to the BIOS dumps that they're providing you with? Or is it more of a universal modification that I can use the same file from you to flash onto another t440s that I may decide to purchase in a few months.

I've been using modified middleton BIOS on Lenovo R61, X61, X61, T61, T61p, and then a modified BIOS+WL removed for the last two T420 that I've used. Interesting to see that Lenovo has made it more difficult for us.

Also, what additional options does this 'advanced menu' provide?

Hi!

Each bios mod prepared personally, and based on your bios backup. Each bios backup contain personal data, like Serial numbers, UUID, Service tag, Windows keys, MAC addresses, e.t.c.

Therefore to create each bios mod, I need your personal file your bios backup.

20 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Each bios mod prepared personally, and based on your bios backup. Each bios backup contain personal data, like Serial numbers, UUID, Service tag, Windows keys, MAC addresses, e.t.c.

Therefore to create each bios mod, I need your personal file your bios backup.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

What about this advanced menu? 

Hey Klem, mind taking a look at my T440p bios and removing the whitelists (at least any applicable/possible) and enabling that advanced menu when you get a chance? Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1swOlWvKOHQ3YNpUGK-sqt8y0yRSZHwvV/view?usp=sharing

Out of curiosity, how do you mod these bios's? A quick Google search didn't give me much to think on

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, jsalix said:

Hey Klem, mind taking a look at my T440p bios and removing the whitelists (at least any applicable/possible) and enabling that advanced menu when you get a chance? Thanks!

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, zenmanic said:

Kem is awesome. 

T440s model here

Can you mod my bios dump

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NO4qv1hnuEzsdRDmTrTNFXlIYGE3r_WA

Also how can i do this myself. I need to mod more laptops in the future. Thanks. 

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, mitrix90 said:

Hi,
please help me clear the whitelist wifi card, bluetooth changing and unlock advanced menu.
Thank you very much.

My dump bios link https://drive.google.com/file/d/16z-7IIi9m4fI4aTEmRleRbaaOWFiDU7N/view

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, mk3 said:

You could help me get the WLAN whitelist removed, as well as the Advanced Menu unlocked.

I used a SPI programmer CH341A to dump my BIOS from W25Q32FV chip.

Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10lvUv6_R1d-ndoplT_go5akYwBweP6JX/view?usp=sharing

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.