Big Problem with Modded Driver GTX 870M

The Overseer

Hello! I have a little problem that probably has a fairly simple answer, yet I will ask anyway.

I have a HP 8760W that I'm getting someone as a present, that I decided to upgrade with nice graphics. I found a well priced GTX 870M that I thought would be a wonderful choice for their computer. It fits well and stays quite cool. However, despite it booting fine and seeming to have no issues, I'm having a giant problem when it comes to the inf modification. I did an inf mod according to several different tutorials on the internet, but no matter what I do, the Nvidia drivers constantly complain about incompatible hardware...despite the strings in question being right in the file.

Here's an example:

HP 8760W - 1630 (Device), 103C (HP Business), 1199 (GTX 870M)

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...14310]
%NVIDIA_DEV.1199.1630.103C% = Section012, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E3A&SUBSYS_1630103C

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0]
%NVIDIA_DEV.1199.1630.103C% = Section011, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E3A&SUBSYS_1630103C 

NVIDIA_DEV.1199.1630.103C = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M"

"Cannot find compatible hardware." as said by the installer. Am I missing something? I followed a tip of keeping the section number from the original computer, because the 8760W doesn't have a GTX 870M listed device. But from what I hear, section numbers don't prevent installs, they only lead to poor performance. 

Does anyone have any idea of what in the world I'm doing wrong? I know it has to be something simple, but can't figure out what it is.