clevo took the lead from alienware?

ARGH

clevo systems were the most popular with enthusiasts before Alienware introduced the Alienware 17 series with the fancy light packages.  I think when the m18x series came out Alienware took the lead.  I know I switched from the clevo camp, going from the d900c to the m18x.  experiencing the m18x and how adaptive it was with its6 hours of battery life when switching to integrated graphics, the extra screen real estate and the keyboard layout with lights won me over.

clevo seems to be stuck in the past, though.  but Alienware has been making serious errors with their new offerings by going integrated systems.  clevo systems just don't look that good and their keyboards are still lacking but at least they are still offering mxm-based systems.  still, though, I am waiting for an m18x replacement and hoping it comes out one day by either side.

• 2 months later...