WINDOWS 10 UPDATE CAUSING NVIDIA DRIVERS INSTALL ISSUE

Hi all I own 3 m18x rev 2 Alienware laptops one has a 1060m one a 970m and one a 880m nvidia graphics card, Ever since the newest windows 10 update April I think I am unable to install any driver later than 2016, Before the update they was all running the newest drivers from Nvidia released in April, I have reset the Alienware with the 1060m graphics card back to before the windows April update and all is fine I am now running driver 398.36 modded inf no problem but the other two with the latest windows update still refuse to run any driver later than the one from windows download dated 2016.

Can anyone please help me out here as I am at a total loss how to fix this or it it unfixable and just microsoft fixing things that arn't broke and breaking them any help would be greatfully received

• 7 months later...

Right click "this pc" and then choose properties. On that screen to the left go to advanced system settings and in there under the hardware tab choose device installation settings and make sure "no" is selected. This fixed the same issue on my Alienware 18