Hi,

I recently bought the new Toshiba RC100 m.2 2242 NVMe SSD for my Lenovo Y510p which has an m.2 port in it.

After installation the SSD wasn't showing up in my BIOS and also not on my OS Win 10 disk management. So I did a bit of research and installed mod BIOS for my Y510p by following the steps in the link: ( https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/3546-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod/ )
There are a lot more options in the BIOS menu now.

Even after doing the mod it's not showing up. The SSD works on my friend's "new 2017 dell gaming laptop" which has m.2 ssd support in it. I don't know what exactly to configure my BIOS to make it work. I've just done some hit-and-trial configs which have eventually failed.
If someone can help solve it Pleasee!!

P.S. : I can share all the available options available in the BIOS if required. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm planning to buy the same SSD for my laptop Y410P too but im afraid I'll get the same problem as you. So did you solve this problem? If so, can you share your experience? Thanks in advance!! 

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2018 at 4:17 PM, ryusoul said:

Hi there, I'm planning to buy the same SSD for my laptop Y410P too but im afraid I'll get the same problem as you. So did you solve this problem? If so, can you share your experience? Thanks in advance!! 

Hey, DON'T BUY IT. The M.2 in Y410p/Y510p doesn't support NVMe. It only supports SATA M.2.

My money got wasted.:P

On 10/13/2018 at 10:52 AM, KevinL said:

I'm pretty sure Y510p's M.2 only supports SATA interface while your m2 ssd is NVMe. You might need a m2 sata ssd to make it work.

Yeah, it only supports SATA, I saw it in the datasheet and circuit diagram of the motherboard. M.2 is only connected to the SATA bus of the chipset and not PCI.

I HATE LENOVO NOW.

Edited by AMan