Can't Seem To Update My BIOS

HuniePopPro69

Can someone confirm a few things for me? I have the P670HP6-G and I'm attempting to use the files here: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/file/105-p6xxhshp-mod-and-stock/

I used the latest version of Rufus to format my 16GB Kingston 3.0 flash drive to FreeDOS and transfered the files under "BIOS" onto the root of the drive. However, when I boot into FreeDOS and try to execute the command "BACKUPDOS.exe" it says the "bad command or filename".  After not being able to run said command, I ran "dir" and found that the "BACKUPDOS.exe" was renamed to "BACKUP~1.exe". I ran the command with the changed filename and eventually got an error along the lines of "BACKUP.ROM 1 - Error: unknown command.".
If it has anything to do with it, I did update the majority of my drivers today with the Obsidian tool. 

Is this the correct BIOS file for my model? And am I supposed to be using a different form of DOS or executing commands in a different way? Thanks! 

EDIT: I renamed the "BACKUP~1.EXE"  to the original "BACKUPDOS.EXE" and tried running the command again, which actually initialized but failed with the BACKUP.ROM unknown command error. 

• Bios Modder
On 18.07.2018 at 7:24 PM, HuniePopPro69 said:

Can someone confirm a few things for me? I have the P670HP6-G and I'm attempting to use the files here: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/file/105-p6xxhshp-mod-and-stock/

I used the latest version of Rufus to format my 16GB Kingston 3.0 flash drive to FreeDOS and transfered the files under "BIOS" onto the root of the drive. However, when I boot into FreeDOS and try to execute the command "BACKUPDOS.exe" it says the "bad command or filename".  After not being able to run said command, I ran "dir" and found that the "BACKUPDOS.exe" was renamed to "BACKUP~1.exe". I ran the command with the changed filename and eventually got an error along the lines of "BACKUP.ROM 1 - Error: unknown command.".
If it has anything to do with it, I did update the majority of my drivers today with the Obsidian tool. 

Is this the correct BIOS file for my model? And am I supposed to be using a different form of DOS or executing commands in a different way? Thanks! 

EDIT: I renamed the "BACKUP~1.EXE"  to the original "BACKUPDOS.EXE" and tried running the command again, which actually initialized but failed with the BACKUP.ROM unknown command error. 

Hi!

For creating bios backup, you can use BACKUPWIN.exe from BACKUPWIN folder. Of course in Windows. Then you can flash mod bios in DOS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 7:04 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

For creating bios backup, you can use BACKUPWIN.exe from BACKUPWIN folder. Of course in Windows. Then you can flash mod bios in DOS.

I still can't flash my BIOS with the files provided. Could they be the incorrect files? 

• Bios Modder
38 minutes ago, HuniePopPro69 said:

I still can't flash my BIOS with the files provided.

I think that last time you can't create bios backup.