Those with OC'd 60hz Panels

VikingJoe

What have you been able to overclock to?

I have a Dominator GT72 2QE and I overclocked mine to 90hz without tweeking any settings other than the hertz.

I am curious to see what people are pushing their panels to. I would love to get mine to at least 100hz.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Successfully OC'd GT683 display to 120 Hz, but in surfing mode GPU don't "sleep" and always working on stock frequency (776/1250 or 814/1250 in Turbo). Of course GPU is heating up to 60-63 degrees in Chrome :C, while w/o display OC it can be 40-42 and (50/200 or so GPU frequency). Worth it? Think so, especially in CS:GO :D
Maybe can go higher, but don't need it

You got me curious, so I just clocked my AW17 LGD02DA display to 82Hz by only changing the frequency. Had to turn optimus off with the I/D GFX button though so that I could do a custom resolution in NVIDIA Control Panel. I like how it seems more consistent even at lower frame rates as well. I don't see the need for gsync if your monitor has a high enough refresh rate (when the frame to frame time is small enough anyways)

On 10/14/2019 at 6:46 AM, Tinkerer said:

You got me curious, so I just clocked my AW17 LGD02DA display to 82Hz by only changing the frequency. Had to turn optimus off with the I/D GFX button though so that I could do a custom resolution in NVIDIA Control Panel. I like how it seems more consistent even at lower frame rates as well. I don't see the need for gsync if your monitor has a high enough refresh rate (when the frame to frame time is small enough anyways)

If you can go to 90Hz it will be very good and smooth, then just turn on V-Sync in every game that you play and that's all you need :)
OC'd mine to 120Hz but using 90Hz + V-Sync in regular mode and 120Hz w/o V-Sync for CS:GO. Works perfect

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, feelin19 said:

If you can go to 90Hz it will be very good and smooth, then just turn on V-Sync in every game that you play and that's all you need :)
OC'd mine to 120Hz but using 90Hz + V-Sync in regular mode and 120Hz w/o V-Sync for CS:GO. Works perfect

Agreed, and I do like vsync, though I'm not sure what my minimum would be for that "very good and smooth" feeling. However I actually recently bought this laptop with the intention of upgrading to the 120Hz panel anyways. I just succeeded in that last week thanks to the guide on NBR, and curiously the 120Hz panel can only OC to 125Hz before it blacks out. I would guess the higher refresh rate screens are already pushed to the limit?