dell alienware m17r3 2011

Hello, I am from Europe with Polish, so I will have to translate it through translator google

my question is this:

1. Can I mount gtx 980m to my laptop?

2. which graphics cards match this model?

3. how to make a vbios for a given graphics card and is it required for all graphics?

4.hello, my question is what thermopad on mosfet for graphic card Radeon 6970m? it's about tape grainy?

Edited by marcin3327

You will need moded heatspreader for GPU as well as moded bios to work with your laptop. I am not sure about the vbios part. I am hoping to fix mine as well and upgrade. Also since you have integrated GPU on CPU it will have to be disabled in order to work properly unless someone can make you a modified bios that will switch on the fly

• 4 weeks later...

But 880m is 780m with an overclock and some voltage tweaks. If you do get 780m, get modified vbios or make one yourself with kepler bios tweaker. Just find a copy of 880m vbios and replicate the settings in 780m vbios, then flash it. As for 980m I might be wrong but I think you can get it to work if binary is modified in bios. Since PCI-E will be slower than on the new MXM (since you have old version 2.0 I think) it might create issues there. 

On 6/11/2018 at 1:30 AM, thr said:

Hi it is big differences between R3 and R4? Problem is with cooling this system?

R4 has slightly modified heatsink and fans spin a bit faster 400-600 rpm I think. Other than that they are pretty similar. The new ones, after Dell bought alienware, are crap imo.