Sign in to follow this  
wilsonngu

About to buy a Gaming Laptop

Question

DELL I7567-5314 is the laptop i'm about to buy in a couple weeks off a friend for 650$. It's retail price in Canada foes for 1100$ and was wondering if Its a good laptop for school and gaming on the side. Is there anyone in this forum that already has experience with laptop or an opinion? Much appreciated :)

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-laptops-netbooks-and-tablets/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop

2 answers to this question

Could you specify some more on the actual components on the laptop? By what I see on the link you provided the laptop is customizable and CPU/GPU can vary quite a bit.

Still I think for the money it should be a very good laptop for studying (15.6" and 2.65kg should be more comfortable for carrying around than larger laptops) and decent for side gaming.

Posted (edited)

The best possible GPU for this Dell laptop is a 1050TI suited for laptops, in other words heavily underclocked and limited in both clocks and heat. For $650 not a bad deal (don't know how much that is for you in Canada, I am from the EU), but not a good either. You could easily get a laptop better suited for gaming. On the other hand, ask yourself the question if you truly need a Laptop. I know some who thought so too, but ended up getting a Desktop PC anyways, simply because of the advantages it offers. 

Edited by Logan
Spelling errors ... autocorrection -.-

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Logan
      Hello guys,

I've no idea where to post it, so this thread seems to be the most logical one, for me at least. 

However here is the link with the news about their upcomming GPUs suited for gaming: 

https://www.pcbuildersclub.com/2018/06/arctic-sound-intel-bestaetigt-dedizierte-gaming-grafikkarte-ab-2020/
    • By eebenbarlow
      The slot on the M6700 is a 26pin 54mmX75mmX22mm Expresscard, which replaced the (quite outdated) 68pin 54mmX85mm CardBus PC Card adapter.
      https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PCCard-ExpressCard_ZP.svg#/media/File:PCCard-ExpressCard_ZP.svg
      I am not sure that Dell even makes one of these for the M6700 - actually I am quite sure they don't.
      What I am hoping to do is find a compatible adapter from an older model / 3rd party adapter that I can switch out.
      I have disassembled the laptop and had a good look/measurement of the space and I believe there is enough room to fit a 68pin card-cage.
      I would be happy to do some light modification to any adapter, but I wouldn't like to poke at the mainboard or controller.

IDEAS:
      If the above simply does not exist and is impossible to modify - a is it possible to use the eSata expansion bay? It currently houses a 9.5mm slot load r/w.
      I know there are adapters that look like S*^T or stick out of the side of the card-slot for a foot of so - that's not too sexy.
      I would prefer not to use one of the adapters unless I it were a slim-box style that (in theory) I could Velcro to the body or something and have it look proper.
      Could somebody please help me to find a suitable swap? I have truly looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find a solution that looks like a professional job.

Here is some accurate info from Parts-People:
      https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2017/11/30/dell-precision-m4700-p21f001-express-card-cage-removal-installation/
      (I also checked with them and so far, no luck)

Also: This is all about an Audigy 2 ZS sound card, my ears cannot substitute a modern product.
    • By wilsonngu
      Hey everyone! I just started playing Fortnite last month and was looking for people to play with instead of going into squads and banking that everyone is going to fall together at a location or go straight to tilted towers. Feel free to pm me your epic games ign and lets get a tech inferno squad going B)! 
    • By Jurijcorn
      Hello im new to owning an alienware laptop and i got some problems with that custom nvidia drivers for my model.
      There is no Dell driver for the 765m, i´ve read about changing the nvdmi.inf and i sucessfully installed the driver already by doing that.

The problem i have is that i got no clue how to find out which section is the right for mine.
      I run into some weird error as my laptop freezes on restarting or shut down, or i get the message that UxdService needs to be stopped in order to shutdown.

I tried to download the Dell Driver for the old 680m and find the right section from there but i guess im to stupid to understand as there are a lot of numbers.

This is my hardware ID. I tried using section 62. Section 64 was also already tried.
      PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E1&SUBSYS_05801028

I can play games just fine but it annoys me not to be able to shutdown without pressing the power button for a few secs.

Very thankful if anyone could help.
      Also if anyone would explain me how to do it right i´d be glad to help other members.

• By johnnakos007
      Greetings to the community,
      I am thinking of getting the notebook on the title, but before buying, I wanted to clarify that it can support eGPU.
      i saw only a single thread about this notebook  in another forum and the OP didn't reply if he managed to do it.
      It appears to have an ExpressCard 54mm, and 2 or 3 mini pcie, but I assume these if its the same across all e5530.
      https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Latitude-E5530-Notebook.80165.0.html
      https://www.google.gr/search?dcr=0&biw=1886&bih=828&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=A2-dWovAC4KzswGHlpLgDA&q=dell+latitude+E5530+mobo&oq=dell+latitude+E5530+mobo&gs_l=psy-ab.3...64644.66959.0.67057.14.12.0.0.0.0.232.1515.0j8j1.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..9.0.0....0.GqrCjkdUc3w
      If it is possible (i hope) but hasn't been done yet, i am eager to be the first here to try and do it!

EDIT: I am a dumbass, i was using the Search in a subforum that's why it showed no results, according to this reply from Tech Inferno Fan to BigC (I link it here for somebody else that might have the same question as me).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.