I need I little help. Aw m17x r3 upgrade to 880m.

Hi. I need some help!I want to change my gtx 860m whith 880m. The laptop it's a Alienware m17x r3 2011. I will buy this premium account only to download a12 bios unlocked, now I have A08 unlocked. The card it's second hand and it come from a clevo laptop. I need to modify the bios,download some custom bios for the card? Thank you! Sorry for my bad English. 

no need to modify the bios..you only need to have latest unlocked bios( i guess it is A11?maybe)then disable the intel GPU in bios and set the display to PEG and just need to modify the INF file of NVIDIA drivers and thats all :) 

On 14/05/2018 at 10:41 AM, ll_r1d0_ll said:

no need to modify the bios..you only need to have latest unlocked bios( i guess it is A11?maybe)then disable the intel GPU in bios and set the display to PEG and just need to modify the INF file of NVIDIA drivers and thats all :) 

Hello @ll_r1d0_ll,

My case is a little different, see AW17 (2014, Radeon R9 M290X) GPU Upgrade to 980M.

My GPU is not working anymore and I wanted upgrade my GPU to a 980m, but I don't feel comfortable with using Windows with "Disabled Sign Enforcement". Is there someway to install "official drivers"? Maybe modifying the UEFI Bios and adding the driver of some 980m?

Thanks in advance

Bios A12 unloked, dell or clevo GPU (I have clovo). For  3d 120hz screen, u need to put in bios gpu to PEG, Disable sound and thats it. now my gpu runs 100% at 74 celsius. for Nvidia drivers u find on forum how to modify,its not to hard.

On 16.05.2018 at 2:03 AM, hackz said:

Hello @ll_r1d0_ll,

My case is a little different, see AW17 (2014, Radeon R9 M290X) GPU Upgrade to 980M.

My GPU is not working anymore and I wanted upgrade my GPU to a 980m, but I don't feel comfortable with using Windows with "Disabled Sign Enforcement". Is there someway to install "official drivers"? Maybe modifying the UEFI Bios and adding the driver of some 980m?

Thanks in advance

i changed the gpu and u need to disable the drivers sign. after install the driver turn back on the driver enforcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, sergiubt said:

i changed the gpu and u need to disable the drivers sign. after install the driver turn back on the driver enforcement.

Thank you so much, this was the information I was searching. :frantics: