Outlook cannot connect to the network

sam0991

Hi to all, I don't know what happen with my laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad E480). The problem is when opening up  Microsoft Outlook I am receiving an error before Outlook will open. The error message: Outlook cannot connect to the network

I am hoping someone in this community could provide me with some answers.  Thanks very much in advance for all your help.

Edited by sam0991

Method 1
Step 1: Exit Outlook and start the Inbox Repair tool
Step 2: Repair the .pst file
In the Inbox Repair tool, type the path and the file name of your personal folders (.pst) file or click Browseto locate the file by using the Windows file system, and then click Start.
Note If you do not know where the .pst file is located, follow the steps in How to locate, move, or back up your .pst file.
The Inbox Repair Tool may need to be run several times in order to fully repair your personal folder (.pst) file.
The Inbox Repair Tool cannot repair every problem that is detected. In some cases, items may not be recovered if they were permanently deleted or corrupted beyond repair.
Method 2

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I am not sure exactly about your problem, but crap happens in MS Office, especially when the system is running for many years with Windows Updates, MS Office updates, installation repairs / components add, mixed mode of office versions, we all seen problems in the past, you can try:

1. Win + R to open run prompt - Type appwiz.cpl and hit return

2. From the Programs and Features window locate your main MS Office entry

3. Right click and select Change

4. You should have a Quick Repair or Online Repair

This is for MS Office 365, but I am mostly sure all other versions have this too

• 1 month later...

If you haven't rebooted yet, I'd try a repair. Otherwise, uninstall it and reinstall it. Also, check and make sure you've run all the Windows updates.

Hopefully you figured it out by now, but if not, I hope this helps.

-Web

• 1 year later...

Are you sure it's not referencing an issue where the ingoing/outgoing port settings aren't setup correctly for your email acct that Outlook is trying to access.  I do see some very similar errors to what you're saying when that's the case.