How do I update my graphics driver?

Marcus007

Guys, how do I update my graphics driver? What I know is the one from the device manager then update driver but I'm not sure if this is the right way to update it. And do you guys know what is currently the best driver for GTX 560m? I would appreciate anyone's help. thank you.

Guys, how do I update my graphics driver? What I know is the one from the device manager then update driver but I'm not sure if this is the right way to update it. And do you guys know what is currently the best driver for GTX 560m? I would appreciate anyone's help. thank you.

Download the newest NVIDIA driver from the new NVIDIA R295 Thread, choose 32bit or 64bit depending on what your Windows version is.

Then execute the file and the NVIDIA update programme will launch. Accept license terms and choose "Custom" installation. Uncheck "3D Vision Driver" and "HD Audio" and check the box for a clean install. Click ok and you're done.

Download the newest NVIDIA driver from the new NVIDIA R295 Thread, choose 32bit or 64bit depending on what your Windows version is.

Then execute the file and the NVIDIA update programme will launch. Accept license terms and choose "Custom" installation. Uncheck "3D Vision Driver" and "HD Audio" and check the box for a clean install. Click ok and you're done.

I understand not installing 3d vision driver unless you have 3d tv or external monitor. Why suggest not to install HD audio is this advice specific to the OP or should all of us not use the HD Audio driver?

Why suggest not to install HD audio is this advice specific to the OP or should all of us not use the HD Audio driver?

My thoughts were: Why installing a second audio driver, if you already installed RealTek audio driver? :02:

Since the driver version 270.61 I never installed the HD Audio driver again, because I see no use for it. Am I wrong?

My thoughts were: Why installing a second audio driver, if you already installed RealTek audio driver? :02:

Since the driver version 270.61 I never installed the HD Audio driver again, because I see no use for it. Am I wrong?

That makes sense seems to also control audio over hdmi so perhaps if you use a surround system or audio passthrough to a tv then maybe its worth using... Atleast to me it appears thats the only use it has like ATi has a HDMI oriented seperate audio driver packaged with the drivers.

But as for the OP perhaps the unit doesn't have HDMi im not familiar with that MSI model. So Conkers i guess its sound advice ;) and ill just continue to use it for my m18x. Thanks Conkers i wasnt sure.

Thank you guys for replying and will update my driver soon. My unit is GT683R and has an HDMI port and I will install the HD Audio since I oftenly use my TV to watch movies or tv series.

Just asked this question since my friend updated his by downloading the driver and he delete his old driver and installed the new one but before he could install the new one, he already had problems because he delete the old one. So I just asked you guys for some advice in case I would want to install my driver. Thanks again for replying, I really appreciated it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...
  • Founder
My notebook is GT70 and Nvidia's web site refuses to let me download the latest driver. It says that my notebook has a custom driver. Thoughts?

Try laptopvideo2go.com

Sent from my GT-N7000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Isnt the easiest way to update graphic driver over the windows update?

Yes it is probably the easiest method since the driver is picked automatically. I think drivers pushed through windows updates are whql and not the most current offering. Therefore some like to grab the latest versions with the latest fixes/performance boosts. Nothing wrong with using windows update for driver it is as you mention the easiest method. Some drivers cause issues with previous updates and im not sure if windows updates clears all old driver files well so I personally easy or not I prefer a clean install of drivers and the latest and greatest drivers.

• 1 month later...