GTMoraes

Clevo W942SW (Rebranded as Positivo Master N250i) BIOS unlock?

Hello!

I think I have a Clevo W942SW rebranded as a Positivo Master N250i in Brazil. I'm pretty sure it's a Clevo W942SW because even some Clevo manuals about this model carries the "POSITIVO" brand in pictures. And everything else matches perfectly, as I could perceive.

Well, it has a "Aptio 4" BIOS from what I could see, and the stock BIOS is pretty damn locked up 

Here's what it looks like from the AFUWIN program:

https://imgur.com/a/Vd71t

And here's the BIOS dump, I think:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zp0ywq

Any information would be very nice about if it's possible to unlock/mod this or not.

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Konstantinos K
      Hello , 

Could someone pls help with unlocking all customizable bios and vbios features for the rog GL702VMK laptop (7700HQ + 1060 GTX)

Already tried editing the extracted bios with ami tool but I cannot flash it successfully .. 

this is my "results" file 
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/iwpx3q

Thanks in advance (Klem) !
    • By Logan
      Hi, 

I have an XMG u705 with the an í7 4790k, a Geforce GTX 980M 8GB, G-Sync Monitor, 32GB DDR3 RAM, etc. and I am damn annoyed by both the Mainboard Bios and Vbios, because both are the cause for a ton of driver issues under Windows 10. Also I can't use my lately bought Samsung 970 Evo, even though technically there should be nothing preventing it. Heck I was even able to install Windows 10 on it, because the Windows 10 installer detected it, just not the Bios which is logically why I cannot boot from it. -.-
      So in search of a solution, I searched the web and found out that there are several mods for both bios made by devs like Prema. Unfortunately some Bios mods I found are heavily outdated, unfinished, ... or not anywhere secure and I couldn't find any location where I could download Prema's Mods for this device, especially not on his Site (just a Subscribe banner there) or his older Wordpress site (errors). There is also nothing here under Downloads/Clevo/P77xZM. 

I would be really thankfull if someone could help me.

• By Schumsta
      Here are my steps i made:
      1. I made a stresstest and my laptop shut down with a blackscreen (i just had 80degrees on one card and the other one had 35) and i wanted to get my Nvidia Cards back. I tried all with FN+F5, reinstalled windows, tried disabling Intel HD etc. etc. I had no chance to getting them back to Windows + BIOS. But it was working, all of it except the Nvidia Graphics Cards with A12 BIOS.

2. My next solution was to check all my cables and positioning from all cards etc. But all was / is okay. SO if all is okay and i cant get it to work, i had just 1 possible solution, that was this unlocked BIOS for enabling GPU Settings.

3. I made all the steps. All was working (got no Error during BIOS Update) and i restarted..... Bang. 1 Beep loop. After several attemps i cant get it to work again.
      I tried Mr. Fox workaround

Turn the system off and disconnect the AC adapter
          Disconnect CMOS battery and system battery
          Do a power drain (press and hold power button 30 seconds)
          Remove all memory modules
          Reconnect AC adapter and power system on
          Let laptop beep until it turns itself off
          VERY QUICKLY, WHILE IT IS OFF, BUT BEFORE IT ATTEMPTS TO BOOT AND LIGHTS COME ON AGAIN, INSERT A MEMORY MODULE
          System will start to beep 5 times
          Power system off
          Reconnect CMOS battery and system battery
          Replace any panels removed for access to memory modules
          Done…

(CMOS out, all RAM out, Battery off) but it is not working. If i made this i get 5 beeps again. But if i turn it on again i still get my 1 Beep..... CMOS in, all other out. drain it, then start it, i get a 2 beep loop, but it wont restart itself.
      So i dont know what to do to yet. i tried to put out CPU and put out both 980m. Then try to do the same process again but it wont restart itself. I got no Error or something else while flashing. I think it was Success- or Finished-Message at the end and after that i restarted.

Yeah i dont know what to do to yet. i hope it is a easy solution because i dont know what to do without my "little brother".. :/

So... 1. Problem: it wont restart itself the 2 beep loop for nvram Trick.
      2. If i replace the bios Chip, it should work again or is there still a problem with nvram?

I would buy this Chip.
      http://www.bios-chip24.com/epages/63730052.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63730052/Products/33265

Thanks in Advance!!!!

My System: AW18 (2013), 4910mq, 980m sli
    • By plutomaniac
      Clevo W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx series Modded & Stock BIOS

Note: This thread is no longer updated. You can find the latest info HERE.

Notice: Make sure you have downloaded the correct Mod for your specific model and that the laptop's or a UPS battery backup is present during the update process.

Disclaimer: I do not hold any responsibility for any problems that may occur by using the mods in a wrong way. Remember that you flash these at your own risk. I have personally tested the W25xHNx mod. Since the laptops mentioned here are of the same series and thus almost identical, you shouldn't face any problems with the rest of them. The same changes were made to all models after ensuring that their stock counterparts are identical to the tested W25xHNx laptop.

Note: All mods contain both the Modded and Stock BIOS image files so that you can go back in case you want to. Use Mod.bat or Stock.bat at a DOS environment respectively. Check the Flashing Guide below for detailed instructions.

W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx Mod Changelog:

v1.2

Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 29 --> 2D

v1.1

Intel Management Engine 1.5MB firmware 7.1.60.1193 --> 7.1.80.1214
      Intel HD Graphics 3000 vBios 2170 --> 2171
      Updated flashers to AFUDOS v3.07.01 and FWUpdate v7.1.50.1166

v1.0

Intel Management Engine 1.5MB firmware 7.0.4.1197 --> 7.1.60.1193
      Intel HD Graphics 3000 vBios 2117 --> 2170
      JMicron JMC25x Gigabit Ethernet Controller 1.0.9.0 --> 1.0.10.0
      Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 12 --> 29
      Removed redundant Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 14
      Added support for Intel Core i7-2820QM ES/QS processor (W25xHPW)
      Fixed grammar mistake at Resuming from Hibernation image
      Fixed spelling mistakes at Advanced tab (Alart --> Alarm)
      Merged BIOS & EC firmware into a single image file
      Correct BIOS version & date reported in Windows

Clevo W25xHNx series BIOS v1.01.07 & EC v1.00.06 [Mod v1.2]

Supported Models (*): W251HNQ, W251HNQ-C, W255HN, W253HNQ1, W253HNQ, W258HNQ etc...

Clevo W25xHPx series BIOS v1.01.07 & EC v1.00.08 [Mod v1.2]

Supported Models (*): W251HPQ, W251HPQ-C, W255HP, W253HPQ1, W253HPQ, W258HPQ etc...

Clevo W27xHNx series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.04 [Mod v1.2]

Supported Models (*): W270HNQ etc...

Clevo W27xHPx series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.05 [Mod v1.2]

Supported Models (*): W270HPQ etc...

Clevo W25xHPW series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.04 [Mod v1.2]

Supported Models (*): W251HPW, W255HPW, W258HPW, W253HPW1, W253HPW etc...

Flashing Guide (Text & Video):

1. Create a bootable MSDOS/FreeDOS USB flash-drive using Rufus
      2. Copy all files relevant to your model at the USB flash-drive's root directory
      3. Plug the USB flash drive at your laptop's USB 2.0 port
      4. Restart and press F2 to enter BIOS to make sure that you do not have any BIOS or HDD password protection
      5. Restart and press F7 to enter the Boot Order menu at which select your USB flash drive
      6a. To update your BIOS & EC to the latest modded version, type Mod
      6b. To update your BIOS & EC to the latest stock version, type Stock
      7. Follow the easy on-screen prompts to finish the update process
      8. The first time after the update, the laptop will boot and automatically restart quickly
      9. Press F2 to enter BIOS and Load Setup Defaults followed by Save Changes and Reset
      10. You have successfully updated your BIOS & EC to the latest modded/stock versions

(*) As shown at Clevo Bios Mirror and laptop Service Manuals

Special thanks to Lordkag for the help and advice.
    • By shogun
      Fellow Users, I kindly ask every owner of Clevo P170SM to share their experience with updating their system with Prema BIOS P170SM_34_31_PM_v2.

FAQ

Q: What is the checksum of the official "P170SM_34_31_PM_v2.rar"?
      A: MD5 checksum is: 07198c20968275d6004562d4e5da89ef

Q: What is the password to "P170SM_34_31_PM_v2.rar"?
      A: The password is: premamod.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.