Lenovo Y50-70 Bios Reset

Bumcha

Hello Guys,

If anyone is having BIOS config issues like if you changed an option then saved and the laptop won't start, i'll give you some steps to follow to reset the BIOS on a Lenovo Y50-70.

***FYI: I haven't tried this on any other Lenovo laptop so feel free to try it.***

WARNING: *****For this steps i recommend a 2nd person to tell you when the laptop power cycles on and off for a few seconds on a couple of the steps below.*****

-Step 1: Open up the laptop and unplug the AC Charger, CMOS Battery, Laptop Battery and RAM Modules.

-Step 2: With everything UNPLUGGED, press and HOLD the Power button for 30 seconds.

-Step 3: Connect the AC Charger to the laptop and turn it on, at this point the laptop should turn on and turn off every 3~5 seconds, leave it like that so you can know the interval of time that you have.

-Step 4: While it's OFF, quickly connect the CMOS Battery, wait for it to turn on and off again.

-Step 5: While it's OFF again, quickly connect 1 RAM Module, wait for it to turn on and it should give you the "Lenovo" BIOS logo at this point. *You can wait until it reaches Windows to turn it off or just press the power button.

-Step 5: IF you're good, you can proceed to leave it OFF and connect the other RAM Module and the Laptop Battery.

-Step 6: Close your laptop undertray and power on and make sure to setup your BIOS once again because this will load bios defaults.

Credits: To a great dude in the Lenovo Forums on a post that was buried deep there and thanks god i found it, hehe. ☺

• 1 year later...
  • Bios Modder
12 hours ago, Phantomkid said:

Hey, I disabled the integrated graphics in bios and my laptop doesn't display anything so, I tried resetting the bios using your method but it still didn't work. Any suggestions? 

1. Completely disable laptop with long press and hold the Power button.

2. Press and hold F2 button, and start laptop (to go in bios setup menu).

3. Press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, Phantomkid said:

Hey, I disabled the integrated graphics in bios and my laptop doesn't display anything so, I tried resetting the bios using your method but it still didn't work. Any suggestions? 

I had the same problem here with Lenovo G500 and I must say that Klems method saved my life and it worked ! The difference is that with G500 You have to press FN + F2 and so on with rest Fs. This method restores default BIOS setup.

Thank You Klem !

• 4 months later...
  • Bios Modder

Bios recovery procedure:

Take a USB flash drive, go to "My computer" Right click on the USB drive and select Format. Change the filesystem from NTFS to FAT32. Format the drive.
The flash drive does not need to be a 'bootable' flash drive. Leave it as is.

1. Download archive ZIVY2.rar from this link:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/bjpgb7

2. Extract archive ZIVY2.rar and copy the file ZIVY2.bin to the USB flash drive (format FAT32).

3. Unplug your laptop from the AC adapter.
4. Disconnect the battery from the motherboard. 
With everything disconnected hold the power button for 20-30 seconds. This purges residual power from the board.
Disconnect the hard drive (This ensures that the USB flash drive is read first. I'm not sure if this is necessary, but it may be need).
5. Plug in your USB flash drive into any USB port.
6. Press and hold Fn+R buttons together.
7. While HOLDING Fn+R, plug in the AC adapter.
8. While still HOLDING Fn+R press the Power Button.

9. You should hear the fans turn on very loudly, no display, and no keyboard lights.
Let go of Fn+R after a few seconds
You should hear a rather loud series of beeps. This is the BIOS being flashed. Let it beep repeatedly as long as it needs to. When the process is done, the beeping will stop, and the laptop will turn itself off. It may also reboot.
If all went well, you're screen should now be working just fine.

If it doesn't work, then try to use Fn+B combination instead Fn+R.

If it doesn't work, then try to use another USB flash drive (USB2.0, not USB3.0), also try to use USB with smallest size, for example 2-4 GB.

Also, try to use another USB port in laptop.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...
On 10/6/2019 at 6:51 AM, Klem said:

3. Press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Klem, I don't know how to thank you bruh

Had to create an account just to say thank you. 

You're a lifesaver!

• Bios Modder
4 minutes ago, Bigblaqboy y said:

Klem, I don't know how to thank you bruh

Had to create an account just to say thank you. 

You're a lifesaver!

Hi!

Ok. Thanks for your feedback.

• 6 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 4:14 PM, Klem said:

Bios recovery procedure:

Take a USB flash drive, go to "My computer" Right click on the USB drive and select Format. Change the filesystem from NTFS to FAT32. Format the drive.

1. Download archive ZIVY2.rar from this link:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/bjpgb7

2. Extract archive ZIVY2.rar and copy the file ZIVY2.bin to the USB flash drive (format FAT32).

With everything disconnected hold the power button for 20-30 seconds. This purges residual power from the board.
Disconnect the hard drive (This ensures that the USB flash drive is read first. I'm not sure if this is necessary, but it may be need).

9. You should hear the fans turn on very loudly, no display, and no keyboard lights.
You should hear a rather loud series of beeps. This is the BIOS being flashed. Let it beep repeatedly as long as it needs to. When the process is done, the beeping will stop, and the laptop will turn itself off. It may also reboot.

If it doesn't work, then try to use another USB flash drive (USB2.0, not USB3.0), also try to use USB with smallest size, for example 2-4 GB.

The link is no longer available. Can you upload it again?

• Bios Modder
20 minutes ago, Mentalist said:

Can u unlock my bios too i need to undervolt my eGPU and remove boost from CPU if its posible. White list wi-fi card also would be nice. I am writing from belarus through a translator, sorry for the inconvenience

Hi!

If I remember correctly, you already asked unlock your bios in this thread:

On 7/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, Mentalist said:

Привет, можно разблокировать:
-BIOS
-WLAN
-VBIOS

Привет, можно разблокировать:
-BIOS
-WLAN
-VBIOS

Intel Core I7 4720HQ 8GB GTX960M 4GB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfbJmbFhO5ZiV2vDIGyEiUUhVX8eVHRr/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UocabSTFxHScmuA0mmiu3_ghlXTLao1S/view?usp=sharing

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 4:14 PM, Klem said:

Bios recovery procedure:

@Klem

Can you repost the link to the zivy2.rar? Seems the link has expired. Thank you

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:14 PM, Klem said:

Bios recovery procedure:

I registered just to thank you with all my soul. You saved me money and time, thanks for sharing this. To me it worked with fn + b. Thank you

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Sorin said:

I registered just to thank you with all my soul. You saved me money and time, thanks for sharing this. To me it worked with fn + b. Thank you

Ok. Thanks for your feedback.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you Klem! Got referred here from a Lenovo forum user "Old_Onyx" having the same problem - laptop powers on but black screen. Tried every recommended thing, nothing worked. Used your BIOS flash and BOOM it's now working!! Thank you thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 8:51 AM, Klem said:

Thank You. Klem! Working one this way!