Bios Update F.69 Rev.A (Spectre Update)?

Not sure, as there is relatively little information at HP's support site (http://tinyurl.com/yb3brqtc) but I'm guessing F.69 Rev.A is the Spectre Meltdown microcode fix?

If this is the case, I'm interested if anyone has any experience with the performance impact on the 2570P?

Personally, I'd rather live with the theoretical vulnerability (hell, I've been living with it on all my computers since 1995 or whatever!) than close the vulnerability but suffer a noticeable performance impact.

TIA!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2570p and a few days ago, during an update from Microsoft the unit stopped working. Turns out the computer works fine (used an external monitor and external mouse), but the built in keyboard, mouse pad and display are all completely unresponsive. I have tried every recovery method including hardware, hard resets, etc... Nothing helps. I was going to try to reflash the bios but noticed the date on the recent version seems to coincide with the failure which occurred during a big update. So Its hard to believe its a coincidence... So I may try to flash back to the old bios version. Would be nice to hear if anyone else had a similar problem.