EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Sign in to follow this  
mrsmile1015

Computer Beeps Once: Then Powers on to Blank Screen.

I’m running an Alienware M17xr4. Problem is when I change my A11 bios configuration to PEG and disable my igpu, my screen reboots to a blank screen followed by 1 beep. Then the screen lights up but is all black and seems to remain that way until I run out of patience. Does anyone know what  is happening?

Edited by mrsmile1015

On 3/4/2018 at 5:53 AM, naightmehr said:

What gpu and screen (the 3D or the normal one) do you have?

Sorry for the late reply. My screen is 60hz and since my last post on this topic, I have installed a brand new gtx 780m which comes with a new set of problems. My laptop sometimes boots normally but always randomly shuts down and won’t restart until after a hour or two. Has this ever happened to anyone on this forum before?

Edited by mrsmile1015

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By pippocarlot
      Hello everyone! I am looking for an answer to a problem I cannot find a solution to ... I purchased an Amd wx 4150 MXM GPU module su e bay to upgrade my HP 8570W Mobile Workstation which is currently equipped with a Fire Pro M4000. Once the new GPU has been installed, the PC screen no longer turns on but works only with external monitors connected via the docking station. The same happens once the drivers are updated! If I put the old card back on, the integrated monitor starts working again ... How can I fix it?
    • By Swick1981
      Bios Release Version – v2.0.0

Updated or Modded Items:
      A11 UNLOCKED BIOS FOR m18Xr2 (UNLOCKED BY SVL7 AND FULL CREDIT GOES TO HIM FOR UNLOCKING!)
      SVL7 Also created the PRR2.EXE tool that allows you to flash the new bios by unlocking it.  (FULL CREDIT GOES TO HIM FOR THAT FILE PRR2.EXE)

Here are ALL the things I've added, modded, and enhanced on this bios -
      I've added FULL LEGACY SUPPORT ON THIS BIOS with ONE or TWO CARDS (SLI).  You can FINALLY use Win 7 OS on your machine and run the 900 series GPU's! 
      This is a MAJOR breakthrough!

LEGACY SUPPORT Confirmed.  Works with 900 series GPu's in single OR SLI formation Updated the Intel RST Legacy to v12.9.0.2006 (Supports TRIM in RAID0 - CONFIRMED) Updated Intel RST UEFI to v12.9.0.2006 (Supports TRIM in RAID0 - CONFIRMED) Updated the ONBOARD Video Card for the HD3xxx to v2171 - FROM v2132 Updated ONBOARD Video Card for the HD4xxx to v2171 - FROM v2132 Updated the LAN Firmware & PXE Boot from 2.0.5.9 to v2.0.6.6 ADDED NvMe Support for m18xr2 ADDED M.2 support for m18xr2 Updated CPU Microcode to v29 for the 2900 CPU's Updated CPU Microcode to v1c for the 3900 CPU's Updated GOP Driver for Intel Sandy Bridge CPU Updated GOP Driver for Intel Ivy Bridge CPU Updated MAIN GOP Policy module for the m18xR2 Eliminated some code that wasn't used in the m18xR2 Updated CSM Module (v2) Streamline some coding to make mod(s) run a little more efficiently (v2) Added FPARTS.TXT to rar file in v2. (I had forgot to add it in v1) v2.5 to be released shortly.  I've updated a few more modules that I didn't realize could be updated.  (It's only 3 modules, but it's still an update!)   It should be released in about a week.  Hope this helps ya'll!  
      Instructions to flash:
      Use a flash drive to create a boot disk into dos Unzip ALL files into the root of the flash drive (flash.bat, r2final.bin, fpt.exe, flash.bat, prr2.exe, fparts.txt,m18r2.hdr, m18r2.hdr.bin, readmefirst.txt) BOOT INTO DOS – Note, that when you set the bios to legacy in order to boot into dos, you MAY have to reinstall OS!  (Just be prepared to reinstall no matter what) Once you boot into dos, run the file flash.bat It will unlock your bios (THANKS TO SVL7’s BIOS UNLOCKING TOOL – ALL CREDIT TO HIM FOR THIS TOOL!) Let it flash… Reboot your pc, and enjoy the MASSIVE updates!  
      Be on the lookout as I do plan to release newer version with more updates in the future.  However, it wont be for at least a few weeks as I'm now working on legacy support for the m17xR4 and several other systems.  So please be patient!

ENJOY!

Thread link for more information and discussion:

• By svl7
      Files contained in this archive:
      FTP-DOS.zip prr2.zip M18x R2 - BIOS A03 'unlocked.zip M18x R2 - BIOS A08 'unlocked.zip M18x_R2_-_BIOS_A08_-_[unlocked]_-_[IRST 11.0.6.1702].zip M18x_R2_BIOS_A03_-_[unlocked] - [IRST 11.6.0.1702].zip M18x_R2_BIOS_A09_-_[unlocked].zip [FPT]-M18x_R2_BIOS_A09_-_[unlocked].zip [FPT]-M18x_R2_BIOS_A10_-_[unlocked]_V2.zip M18x_R2_-_BIOS_A08_-_[unlocked].zip M18x_R2_BIOS_A03_-_[unlocked].zip  
      For information on how to use the files in this archive, see here:

My donation link in case you want to buy me a beer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.