Sign in to follow this  
mrsmile1015

Clevo Gtx 780m Undetected on Alienware m17x r4

Just recently puchased a Clevo Gtx 780m on ebay and inserted it into my Alienware m17x r4. I'm terrible dissapointed to find the BIOS a12 unlocked and device mananger doesn't detect it at all. Are there some steps I have to undergo to make it work? 

Edited by mrsmile1015

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BAKED
      CHECKING TO SEE WHICH CLEVO MODELS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO MAKE BIOS MODS FOR.

• By ElChuterRD
      Greetings, I have a p650rs and I have this little problem that I can not play in MRHYBRID mode, only if the charger is connected, and I do not see high quality videos or play if it is in discret mode, if the A / C is connected.

Any idea what it could be?

I have the latest version of Bios and ECF
      I've been looking for custom-made Vbios but I can not find anything.
      Thank you

• By DR650SE
      Hey guys! Long time no see! Been ages since I've been here and wow has this place changed! @Briankeep up the great work!  I've been pulled away from my computer passion by raising 3 kids! All 6 and under.  Crazy how time flies! 

On to what brings me here.  Love you oming for some ideas.

My X7200 was recently shutting down randomly. The num lock and caps lock would start flashing and then it'd shut down. CPU and GPU Temps looked good, but fans were running a lot.  I figured whatever was hot was something HW Info couldn't see or read.  

I repasted my GPUs and CPU, put in new thermal pads as well. Unfortunately when I tightened the CPU heatsink, I must have over tightened a screw because it pulled the screw sleeve on the mobo out. Temps are still good, idle around 33°C, and fans run full bore all the time. So it may not have quite enough pressure on a mofset or something. On the plus side, I let the computer sit on for 16-18 hours idle,and it didn't shut down, which solved one issue and created another.

Would I be okay to superglue it back down to the mobo? Should I use some other adhesive? Then it would create a tad more pressure, evenly, and possibly solve my fan issue. Damn these old computers. Purchasing a newmobo would probably be more expensive than it's worth.

I really need to retire this thing, but it's served me faithfully since Oct 2012. Eventually I'll move to something more mobile and a desktop. 
    • By dimaginexus
      It's locked & hidden by default, but I've got an i7 8700k & I'd like to use the intel graphic on my hackintosh mojave.
      Is there any way to activate or mod this?
      Thanks!
    • By IAmSteveRogers
      I have been attempting to change my boost clocks values for the longest time, though I've been unsuccessful. I managed to flash my modded BIOS, though no changes seem to have had happened, along with no errors either. Here's all the stuff I used and was able to get. If someone is able to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.