Sign in to follow this  
mrsmile1015

Clevo Gtx 780m Undetected on Alienware m17x r4

Just recently puchased a Clevo Gtx 780m on ebay and inserted it into my Alienware m17x r4. I'm terrible dissapointed to find the BIOS a12 unlocked and device mananger doesn't detect it at all. Are there some steps I have to undergo to make it work? 

Edited by mrsmile1015

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Night
      Why  we cant change voltages on laptop gpu maxwell bios tweaker change voltage but ıt only on graphic it doesnt change or effect gpu ıt stıll same voltage on nvdia ınspector
    • By TheChamp
      Hello Techies!

New to the forums and I own a Alienware M17X R3 that has never had anything done to it and finally after 9 years the HDD crapped out, i purchased a Samsung SSD that I will be receiving next thursday so just getting a low down on what the proper procedure is. I currently have Bios A03 which will not give me SATA III speeds either from what I have read and will need A08? Will the Dell Bios update work for me or should i be trying to go with A12 unlocked? Can i do the update off windows as soon as do a fresh install on the new SSD? Or do I have to make a bootable usb? Sorry im not dumb with computers but not as smart as I want to be haha Thanks in advance for every ones help!

I also want to upgrade my GPU at some point which current is an Nvidia 460M, what is the best/cost effective upgrade I should do and do I have to have a certain Bios to run that as well?
    • By Night
      My laptop doesn't display when I turn discrete mode it work only on mshybrit mode.I plug hdmı cable to pc it display to tv.Gpu z program show no uefi support on 970m(6gb) but  ıt show on intel hd  630 there is no problem about screen ıt justy problen on vbios ı thınk ı cant fınd on ınternet stock gpu vbios  can anybody help for it or to fix this promblem?
    • By Night
      My laptop doesn't display when I turn discrete mode it work only on mshybrit mode.I plug hdmı cable to pc it display to tv.Gpu z program show no uefi support on 970m(6gb) but  ıt show on intel hd  630 there is no problem about screen ıt justy problen on vbios ı thınk ı cant fınd on ınternet stock gpu vbios  can anybody help for it or to fix this promblem?
    • By Losercore13
      I have installed my 980M on myR2, Got the 8 Beeps, I thought with the A12 BIOS and Windows 10 it should have worked. Oh well, going to tear it back down and put the 675M's back in. Ijust got promoted and am downloading the A11 unlocked BIOS . So, Next teardown I am going to be completely ready. I just want to get this in and see if I can get it working before my return window passes. I have posted a few places here, and on Notebook Review on several threads about this stuff, and have received one response. Is this site still active? Do I need a modified driver still, all that stuff looks really old, 2013-2016 type stuff. I need to know about 2018. I have read that Nvidia added support for the maxwell in m18x r2. Am I wrong? Can someone offer advice? I have read that this thing should have been plug and play with windows 10 on Eurocom, Do I just need their driver? PLEASE HELP!!! Thank You!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.