egpu with gtx 1080 ti? need advice a.s.a.p.

Hi  I just won a gtx 1080 ti founders edition but unfortunately I don't have a desktop pc to put it in but I do have a laptop so I was wondering if there's a cheap eGpu adapter that supports it ? I read somewhere that nvidia stopped supporting these chinese egpus and that you have to roll back to an older driver but I don't think anyone has gotten a 1080ti to work with these adapters .  I have an Asus X502CA with an Intel i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz , 4GB RAM , Intel HD Graphics 4000 with a 1366 x 768 display running on Win10 home . I got to open it and see what kind of port it has inside but it's most likely a mini pcie port since it has built in wifi and bluetooth.  I want to use it mainly for gaming , 3d modeling , and crypto currency mining so I was wondering if any of these adapters will work for these purposes or maybe a cheaper pcie riser adapter could work ? This is what I was able to find online , gotta have it shipped to South America . 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PCIe-PCI-E-V8-4D-EXP-GDC-Laptop-Docking-Station-External-Laptop-Video-Card-Dock-Mini/32803826648.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.13.523a7239N54a1S

https://www.banggood.com/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011222.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

https://www.amazon.com/XCSOURCE-External-Independent-Graphics-AC774/dp/B071RTC9HP/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1516685975&sr=1-5&keywords=eGPU

I need to know if this will work with my setup , recommended power supply wattage , and if I'll need a separate monitor A.S.A.P. I need to let the company know where to ship the video card today. If it works I'll have it shipped here but if it doesn't then I'll have it shipped to my cousin in the USA , sell it and have him send me a card that is compatible .

Thanks for your help .

• 2 weeks later...

hi there,

looks like similar with my setup i have a lenovo y510p .

i brought GDC EXP 8.0 (same as u)

PSU Cooler master 750 watt 

GTX 1080 (asus strix)

Now my problem is i am getting code 43 error.means my gpu not working.may be i need to mod my bios may it will work...

• 1 year later...