[Guide] Alienware Overclocking/Overvolting

raymosrunerx

Just reposting from the m14x forum, would like to see if anyone can get the procedures outline in the manual to work with another laptop (just with different numbers).

Hello everyone,

After about 100 hours, extensive fine tuning, benchmarking, re-testing, system crashes (and a possible re-installation of Windows 7), I have finally made a guide that can offer much assistance to overclocking/overvolting as well as reproducible results.

Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire

That is the folder I saved the document in. There may be more revisions to come. Maybe even another laptop, will see if any of the students in this campus has an Alienware

Here is the latest revision, stored in this site: Alienware Overclocking Guide [rev 2].pdf

Note: This guide can be used on any laptop given there is the unlocked BIOS for it, the procedures will be the same, the numbers will not. Might want to ask svl7 if you are not overclocking an m14x

Raymosrunerx

PS: To make life a lot easier, please download the latest revision, I already saw some major errors and pointers I left out in the first revision. I was too eager to post this.

Edited by raymosrunerx
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well when the download works id be glad to check it out. Tech Inferno alternatively ive worked with the unlocked bios of the M18x for many months now and know most of the ins and outs too. If SVL7 is unavailable at the moment i am also able to answer questions to as i had posted pics and descriptions of the locked bios and unlocked bios including modding your own bios. Feel free to ask either of us too.

• 5 months later...