EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
bigchuk00

Cannot enable Legacy mode to install bios

Hello. I'm currently running windows 10 on bios version 1.00 and want to upgrade to 1.03 but cannot boot Ms dos flash in uefi. There is no option to enable Legacy mode and the option to disable uefi in bios is greed out. When I try booting from flash in bios, it shows black screen and returns back to bios screen. My rig is a p157sm. Any help will be appreciated as I'm looking to install prema bios mod. 

Edited by bigchuk00
Added content and made corrections

Hi!

Try go in bios setup menu, and disable "Secure Boot" and "Fast Boot".

Secure boot disabled and grayed out. Uefi is enabled and grayed out no option for fastboot. This is why I'm confused. 

22 hours ago, bigchuk00 said:

Secure boot disabled and grayed out. Uefi is enabled and grayed out no option for fastboot. This is why I'm confused. 

In order to change the secure boot setting, you need to set a supervisor password.
Once password is set, secure boot setting will no longer be greyed out. Disable.
Switch UEFI to legacy and save. Now enter BIOS again and clear the supervisor password.

Edited by Klem

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By rubendeus
      Hello!

I have a notebook Asus X550CC.
      Some weeks ago my screen went black with the brightness working though (black screen but one can see brightness changes) - I couldn't figure out the root of the problem, since it was sudden and it works with an external monitor.
      Now, I was trying to install an SSD with a caddy. I went to BIOS to change the boot order, but couldn't find my SSD - so, I accidently disabled launch CSM option hoping it would recognize it or something. After that I couldn't access BIOS anymore and I have a very slow startup with dxgkrnl.sys, wdfilter.sys and CAD.sys showing not loaded in the boot log.
      I tried to:
      Remove CMOS battery for 8h  Short JRST2001 and JRST2002  Access BIOS through windows 10 troubleshooting None of the above worked for me
      The laptop does not restart or shuts down correctly as it gets stuck somewhere and I have to press ON/OFF button again in order to shut it completly. The only display I can see in the external monitor, during start-up is the windows 10 loading screen (can't see the asus loading screen) and it takes more than 5 minutes to get me there (seems like a bootloop).

I hope someone may have the answer cause I'm running out of solutions 

Thanks in advance, everyone!
    • By ajdrenter
      Hello all! I have been researching upgrade paths for my M17x R4 and I have decided on the GTX 1060. Now, I was given this laptop with a dead GPU, and I had an M17x R3 already. So I moved the GTX 560m into the R4 which has worked fine. Now as I understand it a few things are needed for this upgrade including the 120hz panel and the ability to disable the legacy ROM for a pure UEFI boot. I have the 120hz screen, but the 560m uses the GF116 architecture which does not have a vBIOS which supports GOP. So I am thinking the only solution is to buy a cheaper "in-between" card which supports both boot modes, which will allow me to disable the legacy option in setup. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cheap card to buy as a transitional part? I have been considering a 765m but I am also wondering if there are any other good choices.
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s / T540p.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

How to to it:

• By raqall
      Hi!

I would love to have my BIOS modded to disable the wireless whitelist.
      I tried to do it myself (dump BIOS from chip, disassemble, locate the reference to the error message "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in..." memory address and modify the condition in the binary file so not to "land" in the infinite loop) but I couldn't dig to anything meaningful I could easily change.

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 (TYPE 20BB-S00400)
      BIOS version: 73ET71WW (1.71)
      Original WiFi/BT card: Intel Wireless-N 7260 (7260HMW BN) (vendor: 0x8086, device: 0x08B2, subdevice: 0x4262)
      Target WiFi/BT card: Broadcom BCM94352HMB (I haven't received it yet, waiting for delivery)

Manufacturer BIOS download: bootable ISO, updater for Windows
      My BIOS dump (using CH341A SPI Programmer under Linux): http://www.mediafire.com/file/mn0gfr9ext7yqrn/S440_73ET71WW.bin/file

Thanks!
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo Y50-70, Lenovo Y70-70, Lenovo Z50-70, Lenovo Z70-70, Lenovo G50-70, Lenovo G70-70.
      If someone want upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread. Also, if you have a problem with fan pulsating/clicking on any modified bios then you can post your request in this thread.

The flashing procedure include two steps:
      1.  Flash main system bios.
      2.  Flash EC firmware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.