1060 in Clevo P750DM-G isn't recognized by NVIDIA Driver. Little Help?

I just installed a 1060 mxm card in my Clevo P750DM-G and the laptop recognizes it and installed the 

The NVIDIA driver says it cannot find compatible hardware and won't install. 

So far I have used the Display Driver Uninstaller, and also tried to mod the .inf file with:

%NVIDIA_DEV.1C20.7502.1558% = Section002, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_75021558

with the corresponding subsequent string at the bottom of the driver file as well. When I tried to run it with driver signature enforcement disabled it failed. 

What am I doing wrong? 

A little help will be appreciated. 

Thanks

I believe I modded it correctly, and also disabled driver signature enforcement, but it's saying something about not having permissions. Then when I enabled permissions and got it to run, it said installation failed. It's driving me nuts. I know others have gotten this card to run in this machine, so I know it's possible, but this is driving me nuts. Thank you again for the help!

I got the NVIDIA driver to install, but it only installs the HD Audio portion and not the graphics card part of it. I need this for work and I'm about to put the 980m back in at this point.  

I'm running Windows 10

I have not yet received help from this.

If anyone else knows what I can do to resolve this I will appreciate it greatly. I wasn't expecting these problems and need to get it ready for work asap.

Edited by Binarious

7 hours ago, Binarious said:

I got the NVIDIA driver to install, but it only installs the HD Audio portion and not the graphics card part of it. I need this for work and I'm about to put the 980m back in at this point.  

I'm running Windows 10

I have not yet received help from this.

If anyone else knows what I can do to resolve this I will appreciate it greatly. I wasn't expecting these problems and need to get it ready for work asap.

u got PM

It worked, you're awesome! I would love to know exactly what you did to get it to work right. 

My 3DMk11 graphic score went up 13% from:

12335 with an overclocked 980m to

14558 with this stock 1060.

The only thing that's weird is that 3DMark11 shows "generic VGA" for the graphics card. As long as it's working properly, it's not a huge deal, but it's a curiosity. Any idea why it's like this?

Thank you again!

_generic VGA.jpg

16 hours ago, Binarious said:

It worked, you're awesome! I would love to know exactly what you did to get it to work right. 

My 3DMk11 graphic score went up 13% from:

12335 with an overclocked 980m to

14558 with this stock 1060.

The only thing that's weird is that 3DMark11 shows "generic VGA" for the graphics card. As long as it's working properly, it's not a huge deal, but it's a curiosity. Any idea why it's like this?

Thank you again!

_generic VGA.jpg

Duuno exactly why this happens, happened to me aswell when I had the alienware mx17 r4 and up from the gtx 675 to gtx 780

And btw, for future driver updates, for the moded inf to work, you need to replace 7504 (from your hardware id) with 7502 (or any other string that points out to a 1060), but you need to replace all values of 7504 (or whatever) with 7502 (not only the bottom bit), the command in notebook beeing CTRL+H (replace all values with)

Hopped it hellped.

Edited by runix18

• 3 years later...
On 1/11/2018 at 7:03 PM, runix18 said:

u got PM

hi sir. ive just recently bought  a clevo p750dmg with gtx965m. i had extra gtx 1060 mxm3.0b gpu. but i couldnt install it. can you also help me how to properly install my 1060? thank you...

Edited by Raymond.p

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 6:47 PM, Raymond.p said:

hi sir. ive just recently bought  a clevo p750dmg with gtx965m. i had extra gtx 1060 mxm3.0b gpu. but i couldnt install it. can you also help me how to properly install my 1060? thank you...

Pls tell me the HW Id of the card so I can mod an inf

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 5:28 PM, runix18 said:

Pls tell me the HW Id of the card so I can mod an inf

good day sir... sorry for late response because i've forgot my password to log in here... i've temporary install my 1060 on my p177sma to see the id,if i install the card on my p750dmg it wont boot. here is my hw id

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_74811558&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_74811558

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&CC_0300

Thank you sir in advance.

by the way,my 1060 came from asrock deskmini z370 gtx1060 ver...

14 hours ago, runix18 said:

Here you are https://www.mediafire.com/file/ollxso8i9fzmcjx/nvcvi.inf/file

1. make sure test mode is enabled in windows.

2. Replace this in Display.Driver folder. Version 496.49

3. Run setup as normal.

Thank you very much sir... I will inform you as soon as i got installed my card in my p750dmg...

18 hours ago, runix18 said:

Here you are https://www.mediafire.com/file/ollxso8i9fzmcjx/nvcvi.inf/file

1. make sure test mode is enabled in windows.

2. Replace this in Display.Driver folder. Version 496.49

3. Run setup as normal.

good day sir. the HW id i've gaved to you was from P177sma. im sorry. i've change the vbios of my card so it can boot in my P750dmg.. heres my hw id

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_75021558&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_75021558
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&CC_0300

device instance path

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_75021558&REV_A1\4&62B0C4E&0&0008

On 11/16/2021 at 9:47 PM, runix18 said:

I cant upload images here... After i've install the driver the screen got some static and lines... But anyway,thank you sir

Edited by Raymond.p
Wrong type