Finally my water blocks has arrived!

I got 3 different water blocks by accident. But I will make it work anyway.

I took the thickest one and soldered it on top of the CPU heatsink. 

The technique I use will I explain later.

IMG_20180518_201954.jpg

There is barely not enough place for the frontcover to get back on. 

As you can see on the picture it is bending.

I might try to cut a hole for the CPU, later but it is possible to mount the keyboard and still be able to close the lit.

IMG_20180518_203445.jpg

I removed the subwoofer to make a hole for the tubes.

IMG_20180518_203421.jpg

only comment is don't pass hot water from one component to the next, all should be separate loops or the second component in the loop will not get as much benefit.    I watercooled for years and overclocked, now just happy with a stable 3.9 ghz lapper

11 hours ago, mikmaze said:

only comment is don't pass hot water from one component to the next, all should be separate loops or the second component in the loop will not get as much benefit.    I watercooled for years and overclocked, now just happy with a stable 3.9 ghz lapper

I thought about it too therefore the CPU got its own loop. 

But I can assure you in this case, linking the two GPU together doesn't matter.

I thought it at first because my second GPU ran 10 degrees hotter then I tried reversing the loop to see if the 10 degrees moved to the first GPU. But the temperature was exactly the same on both GPUs.

The reason there is 10 degrees, is because I did not solder the second waterblock properly.

I forgot to clean the surfaces and did not use enough solder. But it is still working and keeping it much cooler than before. 

Also I will mention that putting liquid ultra on the GPU does not make it run cooler compared to thermal grizzly.

The CPU on the other hand, there is a huge improvement!

• 4 years later...