Looking to swap my Nvidia 460m in my 2011 M17x R3

ShineGlizzy

Hey whats up guys and gals? New member but have been researching here for quite some time.

I have a...

2011 Alienware M17x R3

i7-2630QM CPU

16GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 460M GPU

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

I happened to find a good deal on ebay after a heated bidding war lol. So basically I want to upgrade the GPU to get a liitle more performance out of her. A few games have some terrible lag as Im playing. Ive been looking on ebay and doing research on a new one for the past couple weeks. Should I go with a 580m or save the extra money and get a 680m or a 780m? Something along that line. I dont wanna spend too much on a newer GPU. Any opinions would be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Swapped the 460m with the new 765m, after going to bios and disabling HD Audio, Display was already set to PEG. I get a black screen with 8 beeps. Swapped the 460m back in for the time being and it boots up normally... Any suggestions?

Heres what my bios looked like before the swap.

2qdpm6v.jpg

125rmub.jpg

Edited by ShineGlizzy

• 2 months later...