G501J with 960m bought akitioNode2 and 1080 founders edition. (PROBLEM!! )

Hi so I got the founders 1080 and I don’t know why it doesn’t work to make my control panel to show up the egpu,  I’ve tried to download drivers from nvidia + thunderbolt and also the power adapter doesn’t seem to do anything more than lit up to card itself (not the gpu in this case only the akitio thunder2) , could someone help me to recognize this card in my laptop ? I don’t know what else I can do than installing drivers and buying a bigger more powerful batteri generator which is the cx430m Corsair (I bought a prebuilt kit with all the wires and everything was in place so i decided to buy one of the 8pin versions of the 1080s) the 6+2 pin isn’t it enough to fill out the 8 pin slot on the card ? Shouldn’t it be enough with 430watt ? ? Thanks in Advance and please help me , I really don’t have much more experience than any of the other noobs wanting these kits, I’ve always wanted a powerful gpu now I have it but it doesn’t show up in the control panel, I heard from the guy that sold me this akitio node 2 to inactivate the gpu internally and then turn off the laptop and thereafter turn on the Node 2 when starting it again, and thereafter it should show up with a yellow triangle . Are these steps true ? Thanks in advance :/ my email [email protected]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-O8nAPN84rMAf4TZ8uclWdTUlsI7Vmsk-gWIycp9uLs

Heres a a link with photos of the setup! 

It’s a Asus laptop G501J about one year old now so the graphics card ain’t good enough anymore :/

2 minutes ago, Mr•乃LUE said:

Hi so I got the founders 1080 and I don’t know why it doesn’t work to make my control panel to show up the egpu,  I’ve tried to download drivers from nvidia + thunderbolt and also the power adapter doesn’t seem to do anything more than lit up to card itself (not the gpu in this case only the akitio thunder2) , could someone help me to recognize this card in my laptop ? I don’t know what else I can do than installing drivers and buying a bigger more powerful batteri generator which is the cx430m Corsair (I bought a prebuilt kit with all the wires and everything was in place so i decided to buy one of the 8pin versions of the 1080s) the 6+2 pin isn’t it enough to fill out the 8 pin slot on the card ? Shouldn’t it be enough with 430watt ? ? Thanks in Advance and please help me , I really don’t have much more experience than any of the other noobs wanting these kits, I’ve always wanted a powerful gpu now I have it but it doesn’t show up in the control panel, I heard from the guy that sold me this akitio node 2 to inactivate the gpu internally and then turn off the laptop and thereafter turn on the Node 2 when starting it again, and thereafter it should show up with a yellow triangle . Are these steps true ? Thanks in advance :/ my email marcjonsson9@gmail.com

It’s a Asus laptop G501J about one year old now so the graphics card ain’t good enough anymore :/

430watt gives to both the box and the card, but the card is NOT VISIBLE 1. Not in the control panel (Nor gpu or Node 2 is visible, when it clearly says my laptop model is for thunderbolt 2....

2. Also does not light (Gpu'n) 3. Akitio Thunderbolt2 does not show up anywhere as it should 4. My laptop is G501J asus 

4 minutes ago, Mr•乃LUE said:

Hi so I got the founders 1080 and I don’t know why it doesn’t work to make my control panel to show up the egpu,  I’ve tried to download drivers from nvidia + thunderbolt and also the power adapter doesn’t seem to do anything more than lit up to card itself (not the gpu in this case only the akitio thunder2) , could someone help me to recognize this card in my laptop ? I don’t know what else I can do than installing drivers and buying a bigger more powerful batteri generator which is the cx430m Corsair (I bought a prebuilt kit with all the wires and everything was in place so i decided to buy one of the 8pin versions of the 1080s) the 6+2 pin isn’t it enough to fill out the 8 pin slot on the card ? Shouldn’t it be enough with 430watt ? ? Thanks in Advance and please help me , I really don’t have much more experience than any of the other noobs wanting these kits, I’ve always wanted a powerful gpu now I have it but it doesn’t show up in the control panel, I heard from the guy that sold me this akitio node 2 to inactivate the gpu internally and then turn off the laptop and thereafter turn on the Node 2 when starting it again, and thereafter it should show up with a yellow triangle . Are these steps true ? Thanks in advance :/ my email [email protected]

430watt gives to both the box and the card, but the card is NOT VISIBLE 1. Not in the control panel (Nor gpu or Node 2 is visible, when it clearly says my laptop model is for thunderbolt 2....

2. Also does not light (Gpu'n) 3. Akitio Thunderbolt2 does not show up anywhere as it should 4. My laptop is G501J asus 

I’ve tried with external power to the devices separately too , should the gpu lit up when enough power is in it ? How do I check ignorance the gpu is working properlh so thag I don’t guilt trip the node 2 for everything ? 

9 minutes ago, Mr•乃LUE said:

Hi so I got the founders 1080 and I don’t know why it doesn’t work to make my control panel to show up the egpu,  I’ve tried to download drivers from nvidia + thunderbolt and also the power adapter doesn’t seem to do anything more than lit up to card itself (not the gpu in this case only the akitio thunder2) , could someone help me to recognize this card in my laptop ? I don’t know what else I can do than installing drivers and buying a bigger more powerful batteri generator which is the cx430m Corsair (I bought a prebuilt kit with all the wires and everything was in place so i decided to buy one of the 8pin versions of the 1080s) the 6+2 pin isn’t it enough to fill out the 8 pin slot on the card ? Shouldn’t it be enough with 430watt ? ? Thanks in Advance and please help me , I really don’t have much more experience than any of the other noobs wanting these kits, I’ve always wanted a powerful gpu now I have it but it doesn’t show up in the control panel, I heard from the guy that sold me this akitio node 2 to inactivate the gpu internally and then turn off the laptop and thereafter turn on the Node 2 when starting it again, and thereafter it should show up with a yellow triangle . Are these steps true ? Thanks in advance :/ my email marcjonsson9@gmail.com

I’ve tried with external power to the devices separately too , should the gpu lit up when enough power is in it ? How do I check ignorance the gpu is working properlh so thag I don’t guilt trip the node 2 for everything ? 

FAN IS VERY VAGUE on the adapter cx430m and is sometimes not turning on properly, am using a American 3 pin to a European polish version 2 pin with a Hole in both adapters because I bought this node internationally  and can’t use the power adapters without them 

Edited by Mr•乃LUE