douirc

USB 3.1 TB3 -> PCIe adapter cable?

Hi!  I'm upgrading from X230 to T470s with a GTX 1060 6GB and am looking for a simple adapter equivalent to my PE4C.  Does it exist?  Everything I've seen are expensive boxes that are overkill for what I need.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By don007
      Hello everyone, I currently use my laptop for school/work and I know I could have gotten a better one but I didn't pay for it was given to me from my job. I recently purchased an HP omen accelerator and put a MSI 1050 ti in it. Knowing this set up wasn't going to work. My laptop is a i7  HP ENVY x360 Convertible-15m-bp0xx, it doesn't have any thunderbolt ports, it has a USB Type-C port with HP Sleep and Charge. I provided the picture, look at my ignorance. Please help. Is there another way around this, I feel like intel could have came up with a substitute by now.

• By Tyrone
      Hi,

First time on this website and I thought this could be where I can find some help.

I've bought an ASUS transformer Pro 3 with the following specs:

CPU: i5 6200U (2.3 GHz turbo up to 2.8 GHz)
      RAM: 8 GB
      SSD: 512 GB
      Price: $880 CAD (Got lucky on Amazon.. really lucky)

I have not heard any news about the ASUS ROG XG Station 2 being released anytime in Canada yet so I've started to look elsewhere.
      The Akitio Node 3 seems ideal for me ($350+tax (free shipping)) since it  could fit full sized desktop graphics cards in there.
      Question is, which one should I get? I was thinking GTX 980ti since I know I could get one for $450 but not sure which type or if there are better alternative.
      I've heard I should look at the Zotac 10-series mini graphics cards but with these (and the potentially the 980ti), I don't want the system to bottle neck.
      The i5 might not be powerful enough to draw the GPU's fullest potential.
      I've already heard there were potential fan issues on the Transformer Pro 3 so if that's the case with my model (I hope not), I don't want it to end up overheating.

Please let me know which graphics card I should go for.

Thanks,

T
    • By 613
      AKiTiO 40Gbps Thunderbolt™ 3 Cable
      This Thunderbolt™ 3 cable delivers lighting fast data transfer rates for storage, single-cable docking, multiple 4K video displays, external graphics for high speed gaming, and Thunderbolt networking between computers. Based on Intel's Thunderbolt™ 3 technology, this Thunderbolt™ 3 cable with the USB Type-C™ connector enables 40 Gbps bi-directional data transmission and reversible connectivity.
      The cable supports up to 100W power delivery and multiple data protocols such as USB 2.0 (4.8 Mbps), USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps), Gen 2 (10 Gbps), DisplayPort 1.2, and PCI Express.
      Features
      Lightning fast data transfer rates up to 40 Gbps Supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, DisplayPort and PCIe protocols Reversible USB-C connector
    • By 613
      Cable Matters 40Gbps Active Thunderbolt™ 3 Cable
      This Thunderbolt™ 3 cable delivers lighting fast data transfer rates for storage, single-cable docking, multiple 4K video displays, external graphics for high speed gaming, and Thunderbolt networking between computers. Based on Intel's Thunderbolt™ 3 technology, this Thunderbolt™ 3 cable with the USB Type-C™ connector enables 40 Gbps bi-directional data transmission and reversible connectivity.
      The cable supports up to 60W power delivery and multiple data protocols such as USB 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, and PCI Express.
      Features
      Lightning fast data transfer rates up to 40 Gbps Supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 2, DisplayPort and PCIe protocols Reversible USB-C connector 1m - 3.3 feet length
    • By bloodhawk
      Warranty: None   Reason for sale: No longer needed   Payment: PayPal Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, UPS, FedEx International shipping: No Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment   Feedback: NotebookReview Forum Feedback Thread, eBay Feedback Profile   Specifications: http://www.inxtron.com/products/thunderbolt3-hdk  
      Exactly the same thing as the Akitio Thunder 3 PCIe Box, just without the enclosure and a different power connector.   Please make sure you refer to the wiring/polarity image on the webpage linked above. Only use a PCIe 6 Pin connector, unless you know what you are doing. Also the polarity for those is different than that of the CPU 6Pin/4Pin connectors.  Just a heads up.   This was used for about 15 days in the setup over here : http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/egpu-results-clevo-p870dm-g-gtx1080-tb3-hdk-pe4c-v4-1-m-2-ngff.796773/   This does not come with any warranty, and is sold as is. I tested it yesterday to be sure.   Feel free to PM with any questions you might have.   I have an EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 power supply that i was using with the setup, for sale here : 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.