best Settings Drivers / Bios for y510p

psycho2211

Hi

i want to make a clean windows 10 install and want to make the best what i can do to get best performance on games and stability

for now i have installed windows 10 i check if it runs under uefi and yes it does. i have installed no lenovo driver i only let windows 10 take this step to install correct drivers. alsow i  dosent install nvideo drivers for pc, should i do install it ??

i try to update at windows 10 my bios i have 3.05 i want to udpate 3.08 but i get following message : BIOS update Error: Invalid firmware image!!! so what should i do to make a nice working fast working y510p

11 hours ago, psycho2211 said:

Hi

i want to make a clean windows 10 install and want to make the best what i can do to get best performance on games and stability

for now i have installed windows 10 i check if it runs under uefi and yes it does. i have installed no lenovo driver i only let windows 10 take this step to install correct drivers. alsow i  dosent install nvideo drivers for pc, should i do install it ??

i try to update at windows 10 my bios i have 3.05 i want to udpate 3.08 but i get following message : BIOS update Error: Invalid firmware image!!! so what should i do to make a nice working fast working y510p

Upgrading the bios to 3.08 is unlikely to bring substantial benefits. I do not know why you would receive that error message, but do make sure that you got the BIOS update programme from Lenovo's own website.

With regards to the NVIDIA drivers, whether you allow Windows to install them for you, or install them yourself is not likely to make a massive difference, either. At this point in time, it is unlikely that NVIDIA will find (or, indeed, invest in) ways to substantially improve the performance of the GT 755M. I think Windows doesn't automatically install all of the additional bells and whistles, though, so if you want NVIDIA Experience to be installed you may have to download the drivers yourself.

is it a good idea to install the mod bios 3.05 ????

and yes the updater is from the offiziel lenovo page.   hmm no way to push performance ???

alsow is there a tool to check my pc, ram / CPU / GPU ?  i noticed that i often have laggs and slow performance , maybe it is ram or my hdd. so can i test that ?

On 11/11/2017 at 11:03 AM, psycho2211 said:

is it a good idea to install the mod bios 3.05 ????

and yes the updater is from the offiziel lenovo page.   hmm no way to push performance ???

alsow is there a tool to check my pc, ram / CPU / GPU ?  i noticed that i often have laggs and slow performance , maybe it is ram or my hdd. so can i test that ?

You mean overclocking? It may improve performance a bit, but given that heat management inside the Y510p isn't exactly optimal I personally wouldn't try overclocking components as it'll probably cause overheating.

That BIOS mod allows you to replace your WiFi card with one that was not 'approved' by Lenovo. It unlocks other options, too, but I've personally never had any need for those.

Yes, there are programmes that allow you to test some of the hardware, such as SiSoft Sandra, but from your description I get the impression that it's the OS and/or background processes that are slowing down your system. Try a complete system refresh - after backing up all of your data, of course, and making sure that you can reinstall all of the software that you require after the OS has reinstalled.

Edited by Bos Maior

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for help i try a clean install looks good now. but i dont know if i have installed all drivers what the laptop needs. also what do the games need i mean is my graphicard working correct how to check ???

at some games i have trotteling, hope you understand what i mean.  i use sli graphic cards

Edited by psycho2211

Throttling is a good feature. It allows you get some extra performance if needed, without overheating the computer.

What sort of graphics card a game requires is best checked on a game-by-game basis - check the vendor's website or, if you use those services, Steam/Gog/Itch.io.  You should be fine for most graphics-intensive games released in 2014/2015. The Witcher 3 plays pretty well at 1080p.