EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Klem

Lenovo G500 and G400 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan whitelist mod

7 minutes ago, Putra Adriansyah said:

Hello, this is my first post in this Forum. I want to unlock my Lenovo G400 (Lenovo 20235).

This laptop is modded to use as PC as i dont have the LVDS display cable to connect to my spare lcd panel. now it runs without case and using VGA display.

I want to unlock the advanced menu to see if there something to play with.. can you help me with this?

Here's my reults file with the original *.ROM file from Lenovo https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/eLoZuaSuCcR7WXLDlL4emg

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hello,

I own a Lenovo G450 with BIOS from Insyde 40CN24WW(V2.10). Would it be possible to remove white list?.

Thank you!

Edited by FLP

Hi Klem,

I too have a G500 and need to replace the wifi card. Can you please help with removing the whitelist and unlocking any useful menu items?

G500 InsydeH20 Rev. 3.7

Bios Version: 78CN19WW(V1.07)

I'm running Ubuntu so the DOS backup utility doesn't work, any ideas how I can get the backup file to you?

Thanks.

Edited by WE5TYBOY
Additional info

7 hours ago, WE5TYBOY said:

any ideas how I can get the backup file to you?

Hi!

If you use Ubuntu, then for creating your bios dump, you can prepare bootable USB flash drive with Windows 8.1PE, then boot laptop from created USB flash drive, then run the backup tool. 

• Thumbs Up 1

oi eu gostaria de desbloquear o BIOS do meu lenovo g400s

ideaPad g400s 80AC0006BR

bios InsydeH20 Rev. 2.7

Edited by rafael474

27 minutes ago, rafael474 said:

oi eu gostaria de desbloquear o BIOS do meu lenovo g400s

ideaPad g400s 80AC0006BR

bios InsydeH20 Rev. 2.7

Hi!

Ok, you can post here or send me your file backup of bios in PM.  For creating backup of bios you can use attached backup tool. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run  backup tool as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator). Backup tool will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Post here or send me this archive "results" via PM, or upload it into any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

On 1/12/2021 at 3:24 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

If you use Ubuntu, then for creating your bios dump, you can prepare bootable USB flash drive with Windows 8.1PE, then boot laptop from created USB flash drive, then run the backup tool. 

Hi Klem, I've sent the bios dump to you by pm, but I forgot to mention that I have updated the bios to the latest version since my original post:

InsydeH20 3.7

BIOS: 78CN25WW(V2.03)

Hope that helps.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, WE5TYBOY said:

Hi Klem, I've sent the bios dump to you by pm, but I forgot to mention that I have updated the bios to the latest version since my original post:

InsydeH20 3.7

BIOS: 78CN25WW(V2.03)

Hope that helps.

Many thanks

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, I would love for my G500 to lose the wifi whitelist. I tried running the program from the 1st post but it just gives an "Error 201: [FPTw.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor." message.

5 minutes ago, leadbelly said:

Hello, I would love for my G500 to lose the wifi whitelist. I tried running the program from the 1st post but it just gives an "Error 201: [FPTw.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor." message.

Hi!

Just ignore the error messages. Just run backup utility as Administrator, and wait until utility will be finished. Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" or upload it into any fileserver and send me the link.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried running it many times. It never creates a results file. It goes through several screens quickly with the 201 error, then pauses at the last screen "Access is denied.
green Backup-test fully passed.
Pressing any key will result in opening website www.sendspace.com
results.rar file was placed on your desktop.
Upload results.rar file and provide the download link.
Press any key..."

and when I press a key the website opens but nothing is written to the desktop.

4 minutes ago, leadbelly said:

Thanks for your reply. I've tried running it many times. It never creates a results file. It goes through several screens quickly with the 201 error, then pauses at the last screen "Access is denied.
green Backup-test fully passed.
Pressing any key will result in opening website www.sendspace.com
results.rar file was placed on your desktop.
Upload results.rar file and provide the download link.
Press any key..."

and when I press a key the website opens but nothing is written to the desktop.

Ok. In this case try to use this backup tool:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/bhbprh