EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Jackson Chai

HELP - Acer eGPU Blackscreen 1050ti

Dear all,

I hope someone can help me out here.

I have an Acer Aspire E4-471g Laptop. Intel Core i5-4210U NVIDIA GeForce 820M 16gb DDR3 RAM 512GB SSD

I have an EXP GDC V8 Beast eGPU adapter. I use a power adapter to juice my eGPU by Dell Netzteil ADP-220AB B 12V 18A 220W P/N Y2515 REV A02

I have a Zotac GeForce GTX1050ti 4GB

The Problem:- I did the normal procedure, disable the eGPU. Took out the wifi and replace it with the mpcie cable.

Switch on the computer and I have a blank screen. No screen at all on the laptop screen nor in the external monitor.

Is there a best solution? I have seen the Setup 1.3 but I will do that if that is really the necessity.

These laptops dont have pcie lanes on the m.2 slot for the wifi card. There is no way to get an egpu working afaik with these systems

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By EdMkn
      Hello,
      I am requesting your help. I have an Acer e5-523g, and  I have applied the method with h2ouve mentioned in this forum to activate the amd-v feature, and it worked. But everytime on two, when the system was shutting down, whether intentionally or low battery, the virtualization was going back to deactivate. And I always repeated the same process. Until one day: when I enter in the cmd, everytime I tap “h2ouve -gv vars.txt” or “h2ouve -sv vars_mod.txt” it shows sth like:

Now parsing Variable Information...
      LoadDeviceDriver fail,
      GetLastError=0x2 Failed to get bios data!
      Fail to get Variable Information

My problem is that I don’t really know what LoadDriverDevice means, and how to make it work

• By damianalex
      Hi,
      I want to show you my new project.
      I bought my laptop about 5 years ago.  It was never speed deamon, but for every day use, it was enough to me.

Its specification:
      Intel i7-4700MQ
      Nvidia GeForce GT745M
      16GB RAM
      512 SSD Adata SU800

Yesterday I bought Witcher 3. Of course on 1080p it's impossible to play, because of about 10fps

So I make a decision to buy external grahpic card.
      I choose GTX970 and now I am looking for occasion to buy it.

I've already bought EXP GDC v8.4d mPCI-E. It is used and cost about 30$.

I will use ATX PSU to supply graphic card, because I have old desktop PSU at home.

My plan:
      1) unlock bios
      2) buy GTX 970
      3) enjoy Witcher 3!

BTW I try to cool down my laptop, so I replaced thermal paste to Kryonout Thermal Grizzly and make some tests. Temperatures and fps are on screenshots.

1) laptop on table, playing GTA V 1080p

- first minute (GPU core 1045MHz)

-after some time, because of high temperature and GPU throlttling (GPU core drop down even to 400MHz)

2) with thermalpad Glacier NC400 SilentiumPC

- 30 minute and longer (GPU core drop to about 900MHz)

3) without down case of laptop (like on picture with thermal paste) on thermalpad.
      Here laptop never drops down MHz and max temp are about 72 Celsius degrees.

Bacause of that I bought second down case for my laptop and I will cut there additional holes.

Greetings!

I will describe next step when I get all stuff I need!

• By popozitos
      Hello everyone
      I created a case for egpu using 2.5mm acrylic sheets. The first time I created a case to support a GPU + ATX psu
      Now I created another one for the GPU with an external Xbox 360 203w psu.
      the finish was not good but for my use it is already good.

*both cases album
      *Construction of the second case 
      *adapting xbox psu to 8pin power (taken from 24pin)

all made by hand with the tools I had.

from Brazil.

• By Consumerofmulch
      Hello!

I have recently acquired my Dell Inspiron 15 7000, and I am interested in building an egpu setup for it. It has a USB-C port. Any recommendations/guides out there?

thanks.
    • By Diky
      help me to unlock amd-v acer aspire one 725
      it's my vars file
      please..
      vars.rar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.