By Konstantinos K
Could someone pls help with unlocking all customizable bios and vbios features for the rog GL702VMK laptop (7700HQ + 1060 GTX)
Already tried editing the extracted bios with ami tool but I cannot flash it successfully ..
this is my "results" file
Thanks in advance (Klem) !
I have an XMG u705 with the an í7 4790k, a Geforce GTX 980M 8GB, G-Sync Monitor, 32GB DDR3 RAM, etc. and I am damn annoyed by both the Mainboard Bios and Vbios, because both are the cause for a ton of driver issues under Windows 10. Also I can't use my lately bought Samsung 970 Evo, even though technically there should be nothing preventing it. Heck I was even able to install Windows 10 on it, because the Windows 10 installer detected it, just not the Bios which is logically why I cannot boot from it. -.-
So in search of a solution, I searched the web and found out that there are several mods for both bios made by devs like Prema. Unfortunately some Bios mods I found are heavily outdated, unfinished, ... or not anywhere secure and I couldn't find any location where I could download Prema's Mods for this device, especially not on his Site (just a Subscribe banner there) or his older Wordpress site (errors). There is also nothing here under Downloads/Clevo/P77xZM.
I would be really thankfull if someone could help me.
Here are my steps i made:
1. I made a stresstest and my laptop shut down with a blackscreen (i just had 80degrees on one card and the other one had 35) and i wanted to get my Nvidia Cards back. I tried all with FN+F5, reinstalled windows, tried disabling Intel HD etc. etc. I had no chance to getting them back to Windows + BIOS. But it was working, all of it except the Nvidia Graphics Cards with A12 BIOS.
2. My next solution was to check all my cables and positioning from all cards etc. But all was / is okay. SO if all is okay and i cant get it to work, i had just 1 possible solution, that was this unlocked BIOS for enabling GPU Settings.
3. I made all the steps. All was working (got no Error during BIOS Update) and i restarted..... Bang. 1 Beep loop. After several attemps i cant get it to work again.
I tried Mr. Fox workaround
Turn the system off and disconnect the AC adapter
Disconnect CMOS battery and system battery
Do a power drain (press and hold power button 30 seconds)
Remove all memory modules
Reconnect AC adapter and power system on
Let laptop beep until it turns itself off
VERY QUICKLY, WHILE IT IS OFF, BUT BEFORE IT ATTEMPTS TO BOOT AND LIGHTS COME ON AGAIN, INSERT A MEMORY MODULE
System will start to beep 5 times
Power system off
Reconnect CMOS battery and system battery
Replace any panels removed for access to memory modules
(CMOS out, all RAM out, Battery off) but it is not working. If i made this i get 5 beeps again. But if i turn it on again i still get my 1 Beep..... CMOS in, all other out. drain it, then start it, i get a 2 beep loop, but it wont restart itself.
So i dont know what to do to yet. i tried to put out CPU and put out both 980m. Then try to do the same process again but it wont restart itself. I got no Error or something else while flashing. I think it was Success- or Finished-Message at the end and after that i restarted.
Yeah i dont know what to do to yet. i hope it is a easy solution because i dont know what to do without my "little brother".. :/
So... 1. Problem: it wont restart itself the 2 beep loop for nvram Trick.
2. If i replace the bios Chip, it should work again or is there still a problem with nvram?
I would buy this Chip.
Thanks in Advance!!!!
My System: AW18 (2013), 4910mq, 980m sli
Clevo W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx series Modded & Stock BIOS
Note: This thread is no longer updated. You can find the latest info HERE.
Notice: Make sure you have downloaded the correct Mod for your specific model and that the laptop's or a UPS battery backup is present during the update process.
Disclaimer: I do not hold any responsibility for any problems that may occur by using the mods in a wrong way. Remember that you flash these at your own risk. I have personally tested the W25xHNx mod. Since the laptops mentioned here are of the same series and thus almost identical, you shouldn't face any problems with the rest of them. The same changes were made to all models after ensuring that their stock counterparts are identical to the tested W25xHNx laptop.
Note: All mods contain both the Modded and Stock BIOS image files so that you can go back in case you want to. Use Mod.bat or Stock.bat at a DOS environment respectively. Check the Flashing Guide below for detailed instructions.
W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx Mod Changelog:
Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 29 --> 2D
Intel Management Engine 1.5MB firmware 22.214.171.1243 --> 126.96.36.1994
Intel HD Graphics 3000 vBios 2170 --> 2171
Updated flashers to AFUDOS v3.07.01 and FWUpdate v188.8.131.526
Intel Management Engine 1.5MB firmware 184.108.40.2067 --> 220.127.116.113
Intel HD Graphics 3000 vBios 2117 --> 2170
JMicron JMC25x Gigabit Ethernet Controller 18.104.22.168 --> 22.214.171.124
Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 12 --> 29
Removed redundant Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 14
Added support for Intel Core i7-2820QM ES/QS processor (W25xHPW)
Fixed grammar mistake at Resuming from Hibernation image
Fixed spelling mistakes at Advanced tab (Alart --> Alarm)
Merged BIOS & EC firmware into a single image file
Correct BIOS version & date reported in Windows
Clevo W25xHNx series BIOS v1.01.07 & EC v1.00.06 [Mod v1.2]
Supported Models (*): W251HNQ, W251HNQ-C, W255HN, W253HNQ1, W253HNQ, W258HNQ etc...
Clevo W25xHPx series BIOS v1.01.07 & EC v1.00.08 [Mod v1.2]
Supported Models (*): W251HPQ, W251HPQ-C, W255HP, W253HPQ1, W253HPQ, W258HPQ etc...
Clevo W27xHNx series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.04 [Mod v1.2]
Supported Models (*): W270HNQ etc...
Clevo W27xHPx series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.05 [Mod v1.2]
Supported Models (*): W270HPQ etc...
Clevo W25xHPW series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.04 [Mod v1.2]
Supported Models (*): W251HPW, W255HPW, W258HPW, W253HPW1, W253HPW etc...
Flashing Guide (Text & Video):
1. Create a bootable MSDOS/FreeDOS USB flash-drive using Rufus
2. Copy all files relevant to your model at the USB flash-drive's root directory
3. Plug the USB flash drive at your laptop's USB 2.0 port
4. Restart and press F2 to enter BIOS to make sure that you do not have any BIOS or HDD password protection
5. Restart and press F7 to enter the Boot Order menu at which select your USB flash drive
6a. To update your BIOS & EC to the latest modded version, type Mod
6b. To update your BIOS & EC to the latest stock version, type Stock
7. Follow the easy on-screen prompts to finish the update process
8. The first time after the update, the laptop will boot and automatically restart quickly
9. Press F2 to enter BIOS and Load Setup Defaults followed by Save Changes and Reset
10. You have successfully updated your BIOS & EC to the latest modded/stock versions
(*) As shown at Clevo Bios Mirror and laptop Service Manuals
Special thanks to Lordkag for the help and advice.
Fellow Users, I kindly ask every owner of Clevo P170SM to share their experience with updating their system with Prema BIOS P170SM_34_31_PM_v2.
Q: What is the checksum of the official "P170SM_34_31_PM_v2.rar"?
A: MD5 checksum is: 07198c20968275d6004562d4e5da89ef
Q: What is the password to "P170SM_34_31_PM_v2.rar"?
A: The password is: premamod.com