fractalawareness

SVD132A14L / SVD13213CXB EC firmware

Hello everyone!
I have Vaio Duo 13 SVD132A14L (the same as SVD13213CXB). Some time ago it became broken. The warranty is over a long time ago. I gave it to the local repair guys. They told me the problem is in the multi controller MEC1633X-AUE on the motherboard MBX-281. They bought a new controller, but can not find EC firmware anywhere. I decided to ask everywhere I can, so I'm asking here - can you please help me by providing the dump/firmware for that chip?
Also some guy told me it's possible to extract the EC firmware from the BIOS if you know the addresses. So anything would be helpful - the BIOS dump, addresses to extract EC firmware from it, or the actual extracted EC firmware itself.
Thank you!
And sorry if it's the wrong forum, I've been asking everywhere and nobody can help me so I can help the repair guys that have been trying to fix my laptop for almost a year already.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Revenknight
      Hi everyone,
      Does anyone know how to make a modded bios with maxwell bio tweaker?
      My problem is, that I want the basic clocks for my system, but just want to be able to verclock past the 135MHz limit.
      So I don't want a permanent OC.

My specs:
      Medion Erazer x7841
      GTX 970m 3GB

Thank's in advance!
    • By smernt
      It's locked & hidden by default, but I've got an i7 8700k & I'd like to utilise the intel 'quick sync'/hardware acceleration in Adobe encoding in order to speed up rendering. You don't need to have a display connected to it for it to work (i believe), but it's really fustrating how it is locked out, as it means I'm missing out on quite a useful time saving feature.

Is there any way to activate or mod this?

Thanks!
    • By svl7
      Flashing Overview:

- Go to the device manager -> 'Display Adapters' -> chooser your GPU, right click on it and choose disable

- Flash the VBIOS with mnvflash, a modified version of nvflash (see attachments). Below are detailed instructions for nvflash in case you aren't familiar with it.
      - After the flashing is done: Enable the GPU once again in the device manager.
      - Reboot

Detailed Instructions:

As soon as you see the command line you're ready to go, write
      dir and hit enter to display all the files on the USB drive.

Display all Nvidia adapters in the system:
      nvflash -a  
      or alternatively the longer version of the command:
      nvflash --list This command will return you a list with all Nvidia adapters present in your system.

Here's an example output of this command run on my M15x with a 680m in it:
      NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.117) NVIDIA display adapters present in system: <0> N13E-GTX (10DE,11A0,1028,02A2) H:--:NRM B:02,PCI,D:00,F:00 The number in the <> brackets is the index of the corresponding device. SLI users will have more than one entry and flash each card separately.

Backup your current VBIOS:
      Never forget to keep a backup of your original VBIOS before you flash anything non-stock. Use this command to save a copy of the firmware to your USB drive:
      nvflash -b filename.rom or with
      nvflash --save filename.rom  
      Flash the VBIOS to your card(s):
      For a single card it's really straight forward, you don't need to worry about the adapter indices. Just use this command:
      nvflash -6 vbiosname.rom -6 will allow you to override mismatches of the PCI subsystem ID. In case of a mismatch you'll need to confirm the flash with 'y'. NOTE: Users with a non-US keyboard might need to press 'z' or similar, because the 'y' isn't at the same location for all keyboard layouts.

SLI users will need to flash each card separately. The concept stays the same, but you will need to use the corresponding adapter index to flash a card. How to figure out the adapter nr. is described above.
      Flashing goes like this:
      nvflash -i[index] -6 vbios.rom [index] represents a number, namely the index you found with the 'nvflash -a' command. So a command example to flash a card which has index 0 is: 'nvflash -i0 -6 vbios.rom'

Donation link

In case you want to buy me a beer

Thanks and cheers! 
    • By speach
      Has anyone unlocked the final bios release for the M14X R2 yet? I've been searching but can't seem to find anything. If not, would it be possible for someone to unlock it and add the unlocked VBIOS for those of us still enjoying these machines? File link below for simplicity (too large for me to attach). Thanks in advance!

M14XR2 A15
    • By Malenford
      Is it possible to unlock bios on that model? Please help me with it if somebody can.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.