Are you going to purchase AMD RX Vega?

Brian

AMD Vega 56/64  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to purchase AMD RX Vega?

• Yes, I plan to purchase one or already have.
    • Maybe, I'm still debating it.
    • No, I'm happy with my current video card.
    • No, I'm waiting on the next gen.
    • Other (see forum response).

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

So now that we've had ample time to digest all the new AMD Vega 56/64 reviews and information, lets start a discussion about them. Performance wise, the Vega 56 more or less equals a GTX 1070 while the Vega 64 lines up with a GTX 1080. However, to many people's dismay, the Vega 64 is far too overpriced with the cheapest one currently available on Newegg being an XFX one for $689 which is nearly the same price as a GTX 1080 Ti but about 35-40% slower. 

In addition, both the Vega 56 and 64 use more power than their counterparts and this especially applies to the Vega 64 with it nearly consuming twice as much power as the GTX 1080. Some of the reasons I've read over the internet from Vega buyers for their purchases are the ability to utilize their FreeSync monitors as well as some Linux uses. 

I know our community here also utilizes desktop GPUs for eGPU uses and AMD does support eGPU now so with that in mind, do you plan to purchase a Vega 56 or 64 and if so, why? 

• Brian locked this topic