usb input damping sound?

s1nn37

Hi all just tonight my sound seems to turn itself down when i plug in a USB device?

Anyone else experienced this?

Oh i am using Sony's media go player

M17xR3 Black

i7-2760QM @ 2.40GHz

BIOS A09

4.00GB RAM

GTX 580M

That shouldn't happen. Does the volume drop across the board or just in that program?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

just been playing and it seems to have stopped since the new sound drivers been installed thanks for replying XD

M17xR3 Black

i7-2760QM @ 2.40GHz

BIOS A09

4.00GB RAM

GTX 580M

• Founder
Hi all just tonight my sound seems to turn itself down when i plug in a USB device?

Anyone else experienced this?

Oh i am using Sony's media go player

M17xR3 Black

i7-2760QM @ 2.40GHz

BIOS A09

4.00GB RAM

GTX 580M

I have seen the same problem occur with my M18x when I plug in the USB for my phone. I ended up formatting which fixed the problem but you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the IDT driver as a first step.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have seen the same problem occur with my M18x when I plug in the USB for my phone. I ended up formatting which fixed the problem but you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the IDT driver as a first step.

Hey i reinstalled the idt sound driver which fixed the problem thanks guys

glad you got it taken care of Sinn. Hope you enjoy your time at Tech Inferno.

yea lovin it XD thanks mw86

i also found out that the in built mics effect the sound when games run due to the windows damping sounds thing/setting if that makes any sense hope this helps anyone else having this problem XD

Also if windows thinks its in a communication scenario it defaults to dropping to 50% volume when it detects a communication over mic and stuff. We can disable that and we can turn off mic when not in use. Might not be what your reffering to but another thing to note. All in sound options.

Also if windows thinks its in a communication scenario it defaults to dropping to 50% volume when it detects a communication over mic and stuff. We can disable that and we can turn off mic when not in use. Might not be what your reffering to but another thing to note. All in sound options.

yea that's what i was referring to haha thinks mw86

• Thumbs Up 1

I like to disable "Power saving" on the sound card for any laptop i use. a lot ive heard pop when internal speakers suddenly turn back on out of power saving mode.