1. can i use the gtx 580m on battery?

2. whats the best RAM chips ?

thanks all in advance XD

Hi all loving my new m17x r3 first one too XD

just a few questions

1. can i use the gtx 580m on battery?

2. whats the best RAM chips ?

thanks all in advance XD

1. you can use the 580m on battery but I am 90% sure it will throttle it or reduce the gaming ability so that gaming really wouldn't be a lot of fun. This can also depend on what games your playing or what apps your using also. There are people on here that do know more about graphic switching then I.

2. ram chips and which are the best can be a personal choice. I prefer Corsair Vengeance myself and they work great in my M17x R3. Great thing about the M17 is it allows up to 4 sticks so there is a lot of room to expand to what you need or want.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks SSG. Corsair is an outstanding company and you are correct the GT580m throttles to 73.5mhz core :| on battery.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By hharcore
      Hi guys , like you can see Im begginer, student and noob from east Eu that accidentaly bought clevo p170hmx few months ago. Specs are 
      P170hm board
      i7 2760qm
      8gb ddr3
      gtx580m
      2x 500gb SSD
      FSP standard 220W PSU (I think its 220w 19v-11.57A)
      Everything was fine till this weekend I was playing doom4 for 3 hours and Pc just crashed with black screen with sound still runing , than fan went loud with 6 loud beeps . Who crashed said it was TLDR bug. Wrom that point laptop works fine but when I start any game or furmark after few seconds to few minutes it crash with same symptoms. What I did try is , tldr change from 2 to 8 and its same, 10 different drivers with DDU, system reinstall, flashed original vBios on card (i noticed that after first crash memory would stuck to 130-300mhz in games and furmark , after flash it was normal all again but still crash after 1min or less )
      Now what I did that gave me result is lowering GPU and memory clocks from 620/1500 to 480/1333 now it looks stable. I couldn find vBios with higher voltages to flash cos Im noob and I did try bios mod with Nbitor but allways ended up with corrupted bios that didnt want to load from cmd with nvflash. I didnt try to flash bios for mobo (p170hm) cos I cant find one and that lead me to registration on this forum. My gustion is whats wrong with my notebook and how to fix it...btw I found nvidia Quadro 3000m but dont know will it work on p170hm, If I cant get p170hm to optimal state Ill go with exp Gdc beast and one hd7970 from my desktop cf system just for fun.  Sry  for bad English.
    • By rajmehra300
      Hiiii,
      I am in need to upgrade RAM of my laptop LENOVO THINKPAD EDGE SERIES E530 PART NO. 3259T2Q(Processor – Intel® Core i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz BIOS Properties: Vendor LENOVO Version H0ET94WW (2.54 )) .Currently it has 4GB (2 x 2gb).
      I am not sure how much I can expand RAM Memory upto?
      As of now I have tried some of the scanner (memorystock.com ,Crucial Home Page | United States (USD) ) present online and also scanned my system with softwares like CPUID CPU-Z, AIDA64 Engineer, AIDA64 Extreme which all says I my laptop supports MAX MEMORY upto 16 GB.
      I have done a lot research on web but official document from Lenovo contradicts with the scanners results as Lenovo says it supports max upto 8 GB only.
      Please suggest on max RAM supported for my Laptop.
    • By rawhide85
      Finally some takedown pics. This was provided by SmoothJ at NBR.
      RAM Upgrade - M18x (with pics)
    • By s1nn37
      Hi all ive got a M17xR3 with the GTX580m and is there a way to get the full power of the GPU while on battery?
      Also ive had a look at this Nvidia optimus technology and don't quite follow it :S can anyone explain it in simple terms please haha XD
      M17xR3 Black
      i7-2760QM @ 2.40GHz
      BIOS A09
      4.00GB RAM
      GTX 580M

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.